My first post

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Jaco

My first post

Post by Jaco »

As a beginner I invite everybody to post constructive critiques of my picture. Reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are very welcome.

Canon EOS 350D + Tamron SP AF90mm f. 2.8 Macro Lens
Hand held, manual focus
Date: 15.03.2008
Shutter Speed: 1/100
Aperture Value: 16.0
Exposure compensation: -1
ISO Speed: 400
White Balance Mode: Daylight
-- Jaco
Sorry in advance for any misunderstanding or inconvenience due to the fact that I'm not an English native speaker.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Jaco, welcome aboard! :D

Your picture is very good, excellent first post.

But because it was taken with a macro lens, not a microscope, it should go in the "Macro and Close-up Photography Gallery", not in "Beginners guide to microscopy".

I will move it to the right place. No problem, it is a common mistake for first-timers.

Again, welcome to the forums! :D

--Rik

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Welcome aboard Jaco! :D Lady Bugs, I cannot past them up everytime I come across them. For some reason I am compelled to photograph them. Why I don't know. :lol: Wonderful first post here Jaco. Depth of field is quite good, though things could be just a tad sharper. The protruding leaf at the upper right is only a slight distraction but in shooting nature images, things like that are to be expected. A fine photograph just the same, again welcome aboard :D

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

I will add my welcome also Jaco. You will find a wonderful bunch of people here and I am sure they will make you feel very much at home :smt023
Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic