Aphid and the body snatcher

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Dave...
I'll have to check the pieces used. As seen here I think it was a 40.5-52 stepping ring, then a 52mm threaded short extension tube, and then a BR-2 (or 2A, not sure which I have). The extension tube was added to allow the lens to "stick out" in front of the bellows standard and rails a bit. Makes it a little easier to add diffusers, reflectors, and such since the front of the bellows is then farther back and does not get in the way as readily.

MacroLuv

Post by MacroLuv »

Dave, Rik and Charles, thank you very much for informations. :D
Something similar could be achieved without bellows by using Canon macro MP-E65 f/2.8 1-5x. :-k
The meaning of beauty is in sharing with others.

P.S.
Noticing of my "a" and "the" and other grammar
errors are welcome. :D

Danny

Post by Danny »

Dr Charlie. Well just when we think we have seen it all, along comes this :shock: . I'm a bit late here but this is amazing and interesting again. Between this and Rik's worm/spider shots, phew, well I'm totally in awe. Just incredible and I must say, the lighting along with the ratio's is amazing to see. Impressive work and shots !!! Sorry I'm late to this one.

All the best and you could knock me over with a feather..........need to be a large on though. :wink:

Danny.
Worry about the image that comes out of the box, rather than the box itself.

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Brian (LordV) recently posted an interesting shot of another parasitized aphid showing a a prominent pupal case: http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... php?t=8465

I wanted to compare that image to this shot I took a while ago where the wasp pupates inside the body. I realize I never linked to the adult that finally emerged from one of these. In this linked posting it is also possible to very clearly see the "glue" that the larva had used to attach the aphid to the leaf.

To see what this look like all grown up:

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... php?t=2871

GrayPlayer

Post by GrayPlayer »

Mike B in OKlahoma wrote:This is an astounding pair of photos Charles! You can operate on me anytime, Doctor! :o
Um......wondering if a "live" specimen would have lived.
Truly two great images.
Congrats.
Fred H.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic