I am so full...Burrrrrp

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

beetleman

I am so full...Burrrrrp

Post by beetleman »

I am so glad you`re here :smt100 ...I need to get some of this HoneyDew out of my Abdomen before I :smt119 Explode!!

Take Nothing but Pictures--Leave Nothing but Footprints.
Doug Breda

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

You know I can't say that we see many shots of ants interacting Doug and you got an excellent shot of these two. I guess this is what happens when you go to an aphid buffet. :lol: Excellent photograph! :D

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Thanks Ken :wink: This is my first ant photo that I don`t mind showing on the forum.
Doug Breda

Mike B in OKlahoma

Post by Mike B in OKlahoma »

Great behavior shot, and DOF is put right where it needs to be.
Mike Broderick
Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Constructive critiques of my pictures, and reposts in this forum for purposes of critique are welcome

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul....My mandate includes weird bugs."
--Calvin

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

I have a question...My camera only goes down to f8, I am probably not going to get too much DOF out of that right?
Doug Breda

paul

Post by paul »

I like this a lot, Doug. Fantastic capture of behaviour, and great detail on the ants. Also like the lineup of the aphids, fading away into the distance.

I don't think you have to worry about DoF, especially as demonstrated in this example.
paul h

salden

Post by salden »

Excellent image Doug. Ants are interesting little critters and they seem to be so organized.
Sue Alden

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

beetleman wrote:I have a question...My camera only goes down to f8, I am probably not going to get too much DOF out of that right?
Doug,

Your f/8 is fine. That's because your camera has a small sensor.

It turns out that what really matters for DOF is not F-number by itself, but rather F-number divided by sensor size.

So for DOF, f/8 on your camera is like f/34 on my Canon Digital Rebel, or f/55 on traditional 35mm film.*

If you could stop down much farther, you wouldn't like the results because they would start getting fuzzy from diffraction.

--Rik

[*] Gory details: Your camera has sensor width 5.27 mm, my Digital Rebel has sensor width 22.7mm, film has frame width 36mm. The calculation is 8/5.27 = 34/22.7 = 55/36.[/size]

beetleman

Post by beetleman »

Thanks for the Info Rik.....I like the gory details, they`re not that gory :wink:
Doug Breda

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic