Close-up Photography by Michael Freeman

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

augusthouse

Post by augusthouse »

Just received a copy of this book. I am impressed with the range of topics covered. It is extremely well presented. It hasn't just been slapped together for a mass market - this is a serious book.

Close-up, macro, photomicrography, lighting (including some projects that utilize fiber optic flash, borescope lens, tilt lens, photographing with a scanner; particular attention is given to lighting techniques). Haven't come across 'stacking' but there is a chapter on composites.

Author: Michael Freeman
Publisher: Lark Books
ISBN-10: 1579905447
ISBN-13: 9781579905446
Format: Softcover
Publication Year: 2004

It cost US$10.00. They are New and on eBay (200127973514) and elsewhere.

Craig
To use a classic quote from 'Antz' - "I almost know exactly what I'm doing!"

Carl_Constantine

Post by Carl_Constantine »

I haven't seen that book locally yet. I did just buy

Macro Photography Photo Workshop
Haje Jan Kamps

Close-up photography poses unique challenges--depth of field, focus, exposure--and this book addresses them all. Practice your newfound skills by completing the end-of-chapter assignments, then upload your results to the Photo Workshop Book assignment area for critique and input.

About the author: Haje Jan Kamps is a freelance writer and photographer. He runs photocritic.org for DIY photographers and their projects. His photos have won online photography contests on DPChallenge.com. He currently writes for Make Magazine.

ISBN-13: 978-0-470-11876-4
320 pp; 7 3/8" x 9 3/16"
-----

So I'm going to check it out. Will be on the lookout for this other book though.
Carl B. Constantine

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic