Schneider Apo-Xenoplan 1.8/35

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Munich

Schneider Apo-Xenoplan 1.8/35

Post by Munich »

Apo-Xenoplan 1.8/35 at 1.8 reversed on a Raynox 150.
Stack of 50 images, jpg, Olympus OMD5 MkII, 5 micron steps, Helicon Focus, method B.

Image overview

Image center 100%

Image lower left corner 100%

This just as an appetizer for those waiting for Robert's test. Only minor curve adjustments have been applied.

My copy of this lens is sharp and shows good contrast already wide open. Still, the images would benefit from some further sharpening.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

Munich...what is the effective magnification?

Munich

Post by Munich »

the magnification is 6x, just about what you would expect from the focal lengths of the lenses.

Here a stack of an old ruler, raw, unsharpened, but this time Helicon method C which applies some internal sharpening

and a 100%

Not a bad lens, but I much prefer the similar specced Mevis-C 1.6 35mm.

Let's see what Robert will report. He is the man for lens tests.

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

Well the good news is that I have tested this lens at 3.4x and I was surprised by the performance. :shock:

The bad news is that unfortunately I haven't been able to find the time to edit and post the results. I will make a note to make some time soon. :(

I spent of my spare time over the weeks running 1x low-cost lens test, a 1x high-end lens test , and 1.4x high-end lens test with an A7R3 in pixel shift mode!

Too many projects at once and not enough time to get to them all!

Antal

Post by Antal »

After your announcement, that the pictures are to sharp to be sharpend, it is kind of cruel to not give us more information!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic