Affinity Photo

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Pete

Affinity Photo

Post by Pete »

I just bought this for it's focus stacking facility and after a very short learning curve, I'm impressed with it overall as a photo processing app.
Is anyone else out there using it?

I just tried to upload a photo to illustrate this, but I'm getting "Filesize exceeds limit" despite the shot being only 375kb. (1000 x 667 pixels)

Can someone explain what I need to do, please?

Pete

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

'Fraid the limit is 300kB!
Chris R

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Re: Affinity Photo

Post by rjlittlefield »

Pete wrote:Is anyone else out there using it?
I expect Beatsy will chime in himself, but he is a regular user of Affinity Photo has written very favorably about it, for example at http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... p?p=233985 .

Searching the forum for "affinity AND photo" will find a few more.

Be sure to either include the "AND" or tick the box for "Search for all terms". The default is "Search for any terms...", so just "affinity photo" will return a rather large lot of superfluous results matching just "photo".

--Rik

unni

Post by unni »

I am using Affinity Photo.
Here is a post processed with AP.
https://www.photomacrography.net/forum/ ... hp?t=38030

Best regards,
Unni

Beatsy

Post by Beatsy »

Yep, still using Affinity Photo every day, though primarily for non-macro photo editing.

For macro work, I generally only convert and calibrate RAWs, export images for stacking then adjust levels, curves, tones etc in the final output. That's all done in Capture One. I use Affinity to remove dust, hairs, and mounting pins etc, and to add borders, composite images together or drop insets in. But that's about it macro-wise.

There are a few things that PS can do that Affinity can't (simple video editing for one - useful for splitting video stacks into individual frames) so I keep my old copy of CS6 around for those things (though I'm sure there are better solutions if I bothered to look for them). But as you say - Affinity remains one very impressive app. Doubly so when you consider the cost compared to Photoshop!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic