New Nikon mirrorless camera ad!

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Lou Jost

New Nikon mirrorless camera ad!

Post by Lou Jost »

https://nofilmschool.com/2018/07/watch- ... ess-camera

No longer a rumor. Thanks for sending this to me Matt!

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Lou,

This new Nikon may have some interesting features beneficial for our type use, well know soon enough.

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Yes indeed. I sure hope that it has fully electronic shutter and pixel-shifting!!!!

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

mawyatt wrote:Lou,
This new Nikon may have some interesting features beneficial for our type use, well know soon enough.
... and IF so, I hope I can afford it. <g>

-JW

JohnyM

Post by JohnyM »

Afaik A7RIII already have electronic shutter and pixel shifting. Price is quite steep tho, but comparing Sony and Nikon bodies, i belive Nikon might be more expensive than A7RIII or A7III.

Im very interested what competition would bring to FF mirorless market.

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Smokedaddy wrote:
mawyatt wrote:Lou,
... and IF so, I hope I can afford it. <g>

-JW
I've been saving my lunch money for the past 6 months, don't think I'll have enough though :D

BTW Thx for the link :)

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Being Nikon, the price will probably be very high.

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Lou,

I read somewhere that two version will be offered, one is a high resolution full frame with "expected" price of ~$3500. We'll know soon enough.

Best,
~Mike

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Yes, that's what I read too. I'll have to save for a year or two...

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Me too!! Unless I sell some of my other stuff. Like I really don't "need" another camera, unless of course I sold some Nikon bodies I have :roll:

Best,
~Mike

JohnyM

Post by JohnyM »

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Or rather, more hype and drama!! They are making quite a big deal of this, and that's encouraging. Mirrorless is the future. Glad they realized it.

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

Hopefully the large MP body doesn't have the silly 5-axis rubbish everyone seems to love. Detrimental to my type of work. I'll be waiting for an official announcement :)

Beatsy

Post by Beatsy »

Macro_Cosmos wrote:Hopefully the large MP body doesn't have the silly 5-axis rubbish everyone seems to love. Detrimental to my type of work...
Really? I think the IBIS on my Sony cameras (A7rii and A9) is a wonderful thing. You get 4 or 5 stops of stabilisation that even works with adapted, legacy lenses. A little less (maybe 3 stops) at handheld macro scales in my experience, but it at least doubles my keeper rate compared to a fixed sensor. Fewer shots lost to camera shake - or I can lower ISO and shutter speed even further in low light situations and still get the shot. And you can simply switch it off when the camera is tripod or rail mounted.

It genuinely makes a noticeable and valuable difference for me - interested to hear what problem(s) it causes for you.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Steve, I agree completely. There is no downside since you can always turn it off. And that technology of moving the sensor precisely is what makes pixel-shifting possible too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic