Any experience with these objectives?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

mlackey

Any experience with these objectives?

Post by mlackey »

Six years ago, I started down the 10x path by acquiring a decent bellows, an M42 to RMC adapter, and a couple microscope objectives. Then life got in the way. Work, business travel, soccer games, school plays...

Seems that "crunch mode" is over, at least for a while, and I'm sitting here holding two microscope objectives and trying to remember what I bought, and why. But it's been too long.

The first is a Nikon 10/0.25 160 WD5.6 The second is an Olympus DPlan 10 0.25 160/0.17.

If you've any experience with these, I'd appreciate hearing about it. I'm wondering if these are best suited for full frame or Canon crop frame, color accuracy, sharpness, etc. Anybody actually used on them? Any links or references that might be of help?

Best regards,
Mike

Justwalking

Post by Justwalking »

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

If your Nikon is from CF series as it seems will be convenient for bellows use.
The Olympus will produce an important amount of lateral chromatic aberration because it is designed to work with compensating eyepieces that complete the objective correction at the microscope.
Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

See also http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... 527#165527 for comments about that specific Nikon objective.

--Rik

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Mike, one more thing... The image was not showing in your post because BBCode was disabled so that the [img] tag was not honored. I fixed the post and also reset your Profile to allow BBCode by default in subsequent posts.

--Rik

mlackey

Post by mlackey »

Hello all, and thanks very much for the comments, and also for correcting my profile. I wondered why the Image was not producing expected results.

The consensus seems to be the Nikon objective will work fine on either tubes or bellows at 160mm.

One last question, though... if I wanted to take a few test shots, some on full-frame, some on crop-frame, any suggestions regarding a "target"? The old-school standard (for lenses) was newspaper on a wall, but what about a microscope objective on a bellows? Has anybody used anything that worked exceptionally well for them?
Best regards,
Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic