For Sale: Olympus extension tube + Scheider apo compo

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RichardF

For Sale: Olympus extension tube + Scheider apo compo

Post by RichardF »

I was looking through the parts i bought in the past to be used for macro photography. Items below were bought but never used.
All in excellent condition.

For sale is an olympus 65-116 adjustable extension tube.
Bought it a few years ago but never used it.
Very strong and solid construction.
In excellent condition.

Price : 160USD + shipping to worldwide and also open for any reasonable offer.

Scheider Kreuznach Apo Componon 40mm 2.8

Scheider Kreuznach Apo Componon 60mm 4.0

Price for Scheider Kreuznach lenses : open for any reasonable offer.

Olympusman

Extension tube

Post by Olympusman »

When I worked for Olympus we had a sample of that variable extension tube in our tech support department and had an opportunity to try it before purchasing one for myself. It can really be used horizontally or near horizontal. Used vertically it is impractical because you will have rapid focus creep.

Mike
Michael Reese Much FRMS EMS Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA

enricosavazzi

Re: Extension tube

Post by enricosavazzi »

Olympusman wrote:When I worked for Olympus we had a sample of that variable extension tube in our tech support department and had an opportunity to try it before purchasing one for myself. It can really be used horizontally or near horizontal. Used vertically it is impractical because you will have rapid focus creep.

Mike
I currently have two of these, and have owned a third one. Of my current ones, one is the older model (with magnification scales for only two bellows lenses), one the newer model with four scales. I mostly use them vertical, and with mine at least, I have observed no focus creep. I never tried using them with unusually heavy lenses, but manually pulling down on the lens with the tube locked causes no creep.

I cannot exclude that at some early point Olympus changed the internal friction lining or the locking mechanism to increase the resistance to creep. All my tubes feel/felt while extending/collapsing like they use some kind of velvet or cloth internally as friction lining.
--ES

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

Did you sell the Schneider Kreuznach Apo Componon 40mm 2.8?

BR

John

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic