Minolta Dimage Scan Elite 5400 mounting comparison CanonMPE

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

Enoplometopus wrote:.....

My impression is that the Minolta outcompetes the Canon MPE in the center as well as in the corners.
Thanks for sharing all of your work! Very interesting results.

Its also nice to see similar results in line with what I found. Years ago when I posted some lens comparison images at 2x or 3x and the MP-E came in last place, I remember the performance of my MP-E copy was doubted by a few people :-)

Robert

lothman

mounting 5400 scanner lens

Post by lothman »

sorry for hijacking this thread but I think the topic fits here better then in a new thread.

I drilled a hole in a M42 metal body cap and made an insert from black plastic centering in the hole of the M42 cap. The plastic insert is drilled to 18mm to hold the Minolta Scanner 5400 lens. I snaped two 15x1,2 O-Ring in the grooves which give enough friction to hold the lens in place.

So I can mount the lens narrow on a M42 helicoid (36-90mm in this case), on the other side I use a slim M42->E-Mount adpater.

At shortest length I get a little less than 1:1 at my Sony A7riii

at full length I can get a Little more than 2:1

so this gives a very compact and lightweight solution either for studio or field work :D

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

... just curious, wouldn't a 1951 USAF resolution test chart be best to test the resolution of each lens?

chuong nguyen

Post by chuong nguyen »

Smokedaddy wrote:... just curious, wouldn't a 1951 USAF resolution test chart be best to test the resolution of each lens?
I just tested the lens at 1X with Olympus OMD M5 inhi res mode. The lens can clearly resolve El 7, Gr 3 or 161 lp/mm or 3.1 microns. I think that is the limit of this sensor.

Chuong Nguyen

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic