possible SCANNER-NIKKOR ED LENS

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

dolmadis

possible SCANNER-NIKKOR ED LENS

Post by dolmadis »

g4lab

Post by g4lab »

That is probably a line scanner with a cylindrical lens.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

That's definitely one of the good ones!!!! A UK reader would do well to bid for a couple of hundred dollars if he or she doesn't have a Printing Nikkor or a Dimage, hates CA, and does lots of work at 1:1. It has a long working distance too.

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

It is Collection only.............somewhere in London............so the final bids might not be so high.

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

I checked - cental London, no parking whatsoever. Delivery vehicles can take liberties but private cars are a prey species.
The last one on ebay was £20 for delivery, far more appealing.
Chris R

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

Are they very heavy?

What about a visit on foot by public transport?

I suppose one could harvest the lens near pick up but then one must dispose of the rest legally.

So could it be carried away?

Still seems like a good opportunity for a Member who would like one even at that price according to Lou.

BR

John

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Yes they're heavy, 20kg.
Chris R

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

Not so bad. Holiday case !!

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Note that Robert O'Toole has shown that the the Minolta DiMage scanner lens is even better, and less expensive, so you need to put that into the equation...

dolmadis

Post by dolmadis »

Has Robert tested the Minolta it against the Nikkor ED 14 element lens available here?

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

No, and the image circle for the big scanner lens is much larger than the DiMage, so if you intend to do stitching or have a medium format camera, the Nikon scanner is indeed much better.

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

dolmadis wrote:Has Robert tested the Minolta it against the Nikkor ED 14 element 9000 lens available here?
As a matter of fact...Last weekend I did shoot both the scanner nikkor 14 element 9000 lens and the Minolta 5400 at both 1.1x and 2.2x (and a pile of other lenses).

At 2.1x the Scanner Nikkors was weaker in the corners where the 5400 was perfect. At 1.1x my first impression is that the SN is slightly better but I am not even done processing images so my findings might change.

So I think the Scanner Nikkor was definitely optimized for 1x to about 1.3x and the IQ suffers outside that range.

The Minolta 5400, I don't know what to say, its an amazingly excellent little lens from 1x to almost 3x.

There was a 5400 lens on Ebay of these for $240 Buy it Now recently with the RAF adapter, thats a steal!

Robert

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

Still there, item 282965474466

I don't know the seller or the condition of the lens but it looks like a great deal but shipping is steep!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic