Chondrorrhina abbrevita

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

perdu34

Chondrorrhina abbrevita

Post by perdu34 »

Another flower chafer, this time from Ivory Coast, west Africa.

Shot on my stack and stitch rig.

Canon 5Diii,
Canon MP-E 65mm at 5x
f4.5, ISO50, 1/160s
Canon Twin flash
2x Yonguno 560 IV flashes
Stackshot rail set to 15um(dof ~26um) so may drop this to 10um for the next image

7603 images in total from 31 stacks.

ImageChondrorrhina abbrevitaFlickr.jpg by Lucas Black, on Flickr

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Beautiful Image :D

What stacking and stitching method and software did you use?

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

perdu34

Post by perdu34 »

Hi Mike,

I was using Helicon Method A, 10, 2 for this image. I also did a little stacking in photoshop when I came to fix little things here and there.

My process is to shoot in RAW, convert in Lightroom, export as jpg and stack in Helicon. Then I align and stitch in Photoshop making sure I am happy. Next is background cleanup, followed by artefact removal and blending layers. Once the image is whole I go around cleaning up edges and outlines, making sure there are no floating spines. I then transform legs, arms and body to make it symmetrical. Finally I do a LOT of cleaning with the heal tool and some colour corrections.

I think with my next insect I will do a little frequency separation (airbrushing) as I want to know how my computer deals with that on such a big image.

BW

Lucas

Macrero

Post by Macrero »

7603 shots? Wow :shock: That's a lot of work, but the result is certainly worth it, very nice image.

- Macrero
https://500px.com/macrero - Amateurs worry about equipment, Pros worry about money, Masters worry about Light

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic