Canon MP-E 65mm in a Nikon FF body

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Cunha

Canon MP-E 65mm in a Nikon FF body

Post by Cunha »

Hi, I´m sorry if this a silly question or even an impossible task, but in 2017 with all kinds of adaptors between lenses, bodies, systems, etc; is it possible to use a Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.8 1-5x Macro USM in a Nikon Full Frame body?
Thank you very much in advance for all your help.
Regards.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Sorry, there are no such adapters that I know of. The Nikon flange focal distance is greater than Canon, and the MP-E 65 requires electronic control of diaphragm, using a completely different protocol from Nikon. An adapter would be possible but complicated, involving the physical mount, electronics, and optics. Apparently nobody thinks they could make money doing it.

--Rik

Cunha

Post by Cunha »

rjlittlefield wrote:Sorry, there are no such adapters that I know of. The Nikon flange focal distance is greater than Canon, and the MP-E 65 requires electronic control of diaphragm, using a completely different protocol from Nikon. An adapter would be possible but complicated, involving the physical mount, electronics, and optics. Apparently nobody thinks they could make money doing it.

--Rik
Thank you very much Rik, for your explanation. I´ll stay with Canon ,-) because its a nice and reliable system and the MP-E is a really nice piece of glass that just works.
Will live with a bit less of D.Range; for now ,-D
Cheers.

Beatsy

Post by Beatsy »

I use the MP-E 65 on Sony A7rii with a Metabones IV adapter. It works very well with fantastic image quality and dynamic range in a 42mpix image. Works just as well on the A9 too - but seems a shame to waste all that resolution on a "mere" 24mpix sensor :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic