Forum outages

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Cactusdave

Forum outages

Post by Cactusdave »

There have been a couple of quite long forum outages lately. One last Monday 17th July and one today 22nd July. Today's lasted best part of 12 hours. I always worry when something like this happens, that my favourite forum has had a serious problem like a database corrupting hack or the hosting company go belly up, as happened to the Quekett a couple of years ago. Hopefully these outages are just some server issues and not a sign of something more serious?
David
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

I apologize for the outages.

They're quite annoying because they come with no notice, plus they're worrisome because of the uncertainty.

But you're right that they're just temporary issues, nothing like database corruption or hosting company going belly up.

There's likely to be another outage or two in the next few days while we get the forum migrated to a different server.

I'll try to give some notice of impending outage, but I can't make any guarantees. I didn't get any warning of the earlier ones either.

--Rik

Cactusdave

Post by Cactusdave »

Thanks Rik. That's reassuring to know.
David
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic