Equipment questions from a beginner.

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

MarkSturtevant

Post by MarkSturtevant »

Just to put in there, with your equipment it looks like you will be working at 1:1 at the most, and really for the majority of subjects you might be working at lower magnification. So the tripod and rail and so on may not be needed all the time if you are just taking single pictures. For that application, handheld is fine, but use of a steadying pole helps greatly.
Mark Sturtevant
Dept. of Still Waters

MacroLens

Post by MacroLens »

MarkSturtevant wrote:Just to put in there, with your equipment it looks like you will be working at 1:1 at the most, and really for the majority of subjects you might be working at lower magnification. So the tripod and rail and so on may not be needed all the time if you are just taking single pictures. For that application, handheld is fine, but use of a steadying pole helps greatly.
I am plenty happy with my setup now.
Pentax K1
Pentax D FA 100MM Macro Lens
Berlebach Large Mini Tripod
Manfrotto Geared Head
Pentax AF201FG Flash
Vello TTL Flash cord

It is a crappy day for taking pictures in southern Ohio :( Here is my setup with the TTL Cord hanging off the lens. This is taken with my Merrill DP2. The Merrill still amazes me at what it can do to be so small. If they would have made it with interchangeable lens, I think it would have been a crop sensor legend.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic