www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Equipment questions from a beginner.
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Equipment questions from a beginner.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MarkSturtevant

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to put in there, with your equipment it looks like you will be working at 1:1 at the most, and really for the majority of subjects you might be working at lower magnification. So the tripod and rail and so on may not be needed all the time if you are just taking single pictures. For that application, handheld is fine, but use of a steadying pole helps greatly.
MacroLens

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkSturtevant wrote:
Just to put in there, with your equipment it looks like you will be working at 1:1 at the most, and really for the majority of subjects you might be working at lower magnification. So the tripod and rail and so on may not be needed all the time if you are just taking single pictures. For that application, handheld is fine, but use of a steadying pole helps greatly.

I am plenty happy with my setup now.
Pentax K1
Pentax D FA 100MM Macro Lens
Berlebach Large Mini Tripod
Manfrotto Geared Head
Pentax AF201FG Flash
Vello TTL Flash cord

It is a crappy day for taking pictures in southern Ohio Sad Here is my setup with the TTL Cord hanging off the lens. This is taken with my Merrill DP2. The Merrill still amazes me at what it can do to be so small. If they would have made it with interchangeable lens, I think it would have been a crop sensor legend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Equipment Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: