5 objective turret fitting

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Cyclops

5 objective turret fitting

Post by Cyclops »

My scope has a 3 objective turret, but I use other objectives and I was wondering if the turrets use a standard mount on the type of scope I have (Common monocular type) and if I'd be able to fit a turret with 4 or 5 holes.
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Ichthyophthirius

Post by Ichthyophthirius »

Hi,

Exchanging a fixed turret is rarely possible. There is no standardisation (apart from the objective mounts) and even if you have a replacement turret from the same company, the mechanics are usually not compatible and it's hard to get the turret centered again.

I'd recommend going for a second microscope in the medium term, in particular the small Zeiss microscopes, Standard RA, 16 or 18, with a 5-objective turret!

Regards, Ichty

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Ichthyophthirius wrote:Hi,

Exchanging a fixed turret is rarely possible. There is no standardisation (apart from the objective mounts) and even if you have a replacement turret from the same company, the mechanics are usually not compatible and it's hard to get the turret centered again.

I'd recommend going for a second microscope in the medium term, in particular the small Zeiss microscopes, Standard RA, 16 or 18, with a 5-objective turret!

Regards, Ichty
That is not an option unfortunately
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic