Olympus Macro Rig

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

houstontx

Olympus Macro Rig

Post by houstontx »

Hi all,

I have some pieces that could be the beginning of a macro rig but I'm not sure If its worthwhile to try and make the BD objectives work. Could I remove the nosepiece and find or make some kind of adapter for LWD objectives? I know these BD objectives would be difficult to light...

Thanks,

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Wow!
You have a nice support with excellent objectives, I'm sure that they could provide excellent results.

You can use BD objectives like non BD just obstructing the external illumination path with a O ring at the rear side of the objective or at the nosepiece.

If you want to illuminate the subject laterally from outside the objective removing the outer shell if doable could be convenient to have more WD and better illumination angle.

If you can get the matched Olympus epiilluminator with you device you can do both cross polarization and epi darkfield, two powerful illumination techniques.
Pau

houstontx

Post by houstontx »

Pau,

I have a U-RLA I could add on for epi, but then I think I would be stuck with vertical rig. I will do some experimenting. I think what I'd like to avoid is having to use a DSLR with the BX trinocular system with PE eypiece. I think I may have to get a 3D printed custom piece for that...

Thanks,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic