30W CRI95 Zoomable Filterable Adjustable LED light 5500K

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

mjkzz

30W CRI95 Zoomable Filterable Adjustable LED light 5500K

Post by mjkzz »

This is an LED light, 30W max output with CRI of 95, color temp of 5500K, angle of light can be adjusted from 95 to 135 degrees, you can insert colored acrylic filters, output is variable from zero (off) to max. Internal built-in fan to remove heat.

The build quality is rough and loose, feels cheap, but everything seems to work. Only got it for a week, so far I really like it, worth 35USD I paid for.

Last edited by mjkzz on Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

I want one. Thank you for sharing!

Its high CRI value seems to indicate sufficient green light output, in addition to high Kevin value and output, which was not common a few year back.

1) Do you have its light spectrum data?

2) Stupid question: I assume by "angle of light.....90-135 degrees....", you meant output beam angle, not frame adjustment angle? I wonder if I can put a collimator lens in front of it (to make it produce parallel light beam), take it off frame and use it as microscope transmission light source.

3) Does it get hot after running for 2-3 hours?

4) And where can I buy one for $35?

Thank you very much!
Selling my Canon FD 200mm F/2.8 lens

mjkzz

Post by mjkzz »

hi zzffnn,

1. No, I do not have spectrum data, and one correction, color temp is 5500K
2. Sorry, I was not being clear, you are right it is the beam angle. It has a lens on it so you do not have to put another lens.
3. Yes, it gets very hot, I have left it for 4 hours once, it seems OK. On the product reivew, I have seen a report of smoke coming out of it, though they replaced it for free, it could be an issue for over sea customers.
4. Here it is on Alibaba : https://detail.1688.com/offer/527093846 ... 0.0.Z2VYu3 It also seems cheaper on Alibaba, but that is due to shipping cost (to me it is "free shipping")

I also noticed that they have a 55W one for 298RMB (about 43-44USD)

If you do not have Alibaba account and want to take the risk of getting a smoky one, PM me :-)

This is how it looks in use

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

Thank you very much, mjkzz.

Do you have a way to confirm their claim of "30W max output with CRI of 95"? Color temperature is not difficult to tell. I think CRI and output can be measured too. On paper, the specifications are very good!

I wonder if its zoom lens can be easily replaced with a different focal length one. To modify it into a microscope light source, I would like strictly all parallel beam output, not divergent, not convergent.

I don't have an Alibaba account. One has to have a Chinese bank account to open an Alibaba account, doesn't one? I may have to set up one in the future when I go back next time........it may take a while. I think I will go with the lower power one, though I don't expect to run it high for over 2.5 hours.

microman

Post by microman »

Very nice lamp and price ! To bad its only on alibaba. I have aliexpress and ebay but the only lamp i have found is this one but its too expensive for an unknown chinese lamp. I could pay that admount for an known brand with warranty.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CRI-95-LED-Vide ... 1749860262

mjkzz

Post by mjkzz »

hi zzffnn,

I do not have equipment for accurate measurement of CRI and output level, but it is kind of bright and bright enough to suit my purpose, so I am happy. Maybe when I find my light meter somewhere in the closet, I will report back how bright it is :-)

Yeah, it does have a convex lens, but I do not think it is a strictly collimating one.

Oops, I thought Alibaba and Aliexpress are the same site, but I do not think they have one as I explicitly asked the seller about eBay and Amazon (answer is no)

hi microman, thanks for the link, that light seems to be for video but it does not say anything about CRI, etc.

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Try DHGate, or a Taobao agent.
Chris R

zzffnn

Post by zzffnn »

Thank you mjkzz. I don't have Aliexpress account either. Would you sell it from your web site/store?

If we have a way to confirm CRI (lumen output should be easy/cheap to measure), then this could sell really well in the macro/micro world. You know some Chinese specifications are very optimistic....... Not saying this one is.......just want a confirmation.

ChrisR, do you have a way to measure CRI?

mjkzz

Post by mjkzz »

Try DHGate, or a Taobao agent.
That is a good idea, I got mine on Taobao, but I thought Alibaba is English site of Taobao, it looks like it is not.'

zzffnn,

I do not have equipment to measure CRI. Yes, it is true, the Chinese specs are very "optimistic", sometimes, too good to be true :-) This is the part I am reluctant to put it (or a lot of too good to be true stuff) up on my web, too many unknowns, particularly I do not have a way to confirm some specs.

However, judging from the price of 198RMB (what I paid for), the LED must be some expensive one because the rest of it does not seem to cost much at all, if I shake it, the zoom ring make clicking sound, very "toyish" build quality, they probably can be purchased from off the shelf in LED world.

It does claim to have a patent (in China?) on it.

Anyways, if you can not find a Taobao agent and willing to take the risk, I can arrange it for you at cost. PM me for details.

mjkzz

Post by mjkzz »

FWIW, here is a stack I did with this light

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic