Wemacro stacking rail

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

williamG wrote:Hi,I'm William from WeMacro
Thanks for your concern about WeMacro rail.
Actually,we already changed the price on our website.And there are some update about PC control software and bluetooth control apk.
We are testing Iphone's app these days.It will come out very soon.
Here is some demo video about control
PC control
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_vKJJCJUGE

bluetooth control
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_NPN9j6ozk
Hi William,

Will WeMacro be offering a Mac OS version?

Thanks,

Mike

JohnyM

Post by JohnyM »

Also one more question:
Is it possible to order additional motor without rail? Im interesting in adpting this to a microscope, as well as use as a macro rail. What resolution would i get if my microscope gear got 100micrometers / 360 degrees.
Please PM me the price.

williamG

Post by williamG »

mawyatt wrote:
williamG wrote:Hi,I'm William from WeMacro
Thanks for your concern about WeMacro rail.
Actually,we already changed the price on our website.And there are some update about PC control software and bluetooth control apk.
We are testing Iphone's app these days.It will come out very soon.
Here is some demo video about control
PC control
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_vKJJCJUGE

bluetooth control
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_NPN9j6ozk
Hi William,

Will WeMacro be offering a Mac OS version?

Thanks,

Mike
Hi Mike
We are testing wemacro app for iphone or ipad now.It will come out soon.

williamG

Post by williamG »

JohnyM wrote:Also one more question:
Is it possible to order additional motor without rail? Im interesting in adpting this to a microscope, as well as use as a macro rail. What resolution would i get if my microscope gear got 100micrometers / 360 degrees.
Please PM me the price.
Yes,we can supply aditional motor.
The motor run 360degree to move the rail 1mm/1000 micrometers.The minimum step is 1micron(theoretical value is 0.9375micron).If the connection is good and coaxial,the minimun step should be 0.09375(theoretical)micron when you set step length as 1 micron in software.1 micron step length in microscope when you set 10micron as step length in software.

JohnyM

Post by JohnyM »

Thank you for answer, but i think its a bit confusing. How many steps motor is performing for 360 degree turn? Or what is the minimal step?

williamG

Post by williamG »

JohnyM wrote:Thank you for answer, but i think its a bit confusing. How many steps motor is performing for 360 degree turn? Or what is the minimal step?
It takes 3200 pulses to perform 360 degree turn?or 1000um? in program.Each pulse means 0.3125um. 3 pulses(3*0.3125um=0.9375) to move 0.9375 um as system's actual minimum step.
If you set minmum step length as 1um in software.the program will set 3 pulses as a step which theoretical value is 0.9375 um.But if you set 10um as a step length.It will take 32 pulses to make 32*0.3125um=10um

sorry for my english,i hope i had explained it clearly.

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

William G,

As ChrisR said, welcome to the forum! :D

So that we could better understand the Wemacro rail, could you perhaps share the following specifications?
  • 1) What is the thread pitch of your linear actuator's lead screw? (For example, 20 threads per millimeter, etc.)

2) How many full steps per revolution does your stepper motor have? (This can also be expressed as degrees per step) [(For example, 200 steps per revolution (1.8 degrees per step), or 400 steps per revolution (0.9 degrees per step)]

3) Your controller appears to offer micro-stepping. How many micro-steps are there for each full motor step?

4) Further regarding your stepper motor, is it bipolar or unipolar? How many phases? How many wires? What is its NEMA size? (I ask these questions, because knowing the answers would aid potential customers in sourcing additional stepper motors that would work with your controller, but on their own hardware--such as a microscope.)

5) For these same potential customers who might wish to use a different stepper motor, does your controller permit the user to adjust things like motor torque, motor speed, and ramp time?
Cheers! :D

--Chris S.

williamG

Post by williamG »

Chris S. wrote:William G,

As ChrisR said, welcome to the forum! :D

So that we could better understand the Wemacro rail, could you perhaps share the following specifications?
  • 1) What is the thread pitch of your linear actuator's lead screw? (For example, 20 threads per millimeter, etc.)

2) How many full steps per revolution does your stepper motor have? (This can also be expressed as degrees per step) [(For example, 200 steps per revolution (1.8 degrees per step), or 400 steps per revolution (0.9 degrees per step)]

3) Your controller appears to offer micro-stepping. How many micro-steps are there for each full motor step?

4) Further regarding your stepper motor, is it bipolar or unipolar? How many phases? How many wires? What is its NEMA size? (I ask these questions, because knowing the answers would aid potential customers in sourcing additional stepper motors that would work with your controller, but on their own hardware--such as a microscope.)

5) For these same potential customers who might wish to use a different stepper motor, does your controller permit the user to adjust things like motor torque, motor speed, and ramp time?
Cheers! :D

--Chris S.
Thanks Chris S! I hope these answers can help.

1) The thread pitch is 1mm.
2) The step motor has 200 steps per revolution(1.8 degrees per step)
3) Each full motor step means 1000micron/200=5 micron the rail will move.It contains 5/0.3125=16 micro steps.

4)The motor is bipolar which has 2 phase and 4 wires.I had upload a picture to show the

connection part.NEMA size is 17.But we suggest user to use our motor to make their own hardware.We will supply the motor later on website with plug which is easy to connect and solid.

5)Sorry for this question,users can not adjust motor torque, motor speed, and ramp time.

JohnyM

Post by JohnyM »

williamG wrote: 2) The step motor has 200 steps per revolution(1.8 degrees per step)
Thats what i was asking for.

My microscope resolution = 100micrometers / 360 degree = 0,27(7)micrometer/ degree

Your stepping motor = 200 steps / 360 degree = 1,8 degree / 1 step

Combined resolution = 1,8x0,27(7) = 0,49(9) micrometer.

And then you can divide it by 1/16 due to microstepping, am i right?

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

This is excellent information, thanks William and thanks Chris S for putting it into terms the DIY hobbyist can apply.

I'm very interested in seeing modular system pricing and availability.

William, if you make the stepper and controller available for DIY folks, you may consider a small change in the way you quote the stepping. Instead of quoting in stepping distance based on the particular rail you source, a "microstep" and/or "degree" selection would make it more flexible for different thread pitches, etc. This would only be needed for the DIY version. They should be simple changes to the GUI only, though I do realize how tough it is to make changes to software!

By the way, I did just go to your website and buy one of your units. I look forward to testing it out! It's an exciting offering you are providing and will be more exciting when separate motors are available.

Saul

Post by Saul »

WilliamG,
Do you sell just controls, without motor & mechanics ?
Saul
μ-stuff

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

WilliamG,

Thank you for your thoughtful and detailed response. I appreciate your helpful answers to my questions, and the images your provided of your motor, controller, cords, etc. Your efforts help us understand your offerings. :D

Cheers,

--Chris S.

williamG

Post by williamG »

JohnyM wrote:
williamG wrote: 2) The step motor has 200 steps per revolution(1.8 degrees per step)
Thats what i was asking for.

My microscope resolution = 100micrometers / 360 degree = 0,27(7)micrometer/ degree

Your stepping motor = 200 steps / 360 degree = 1,8 degree / 1 step

Combined resolution = 1,8x0,27(7) = 0,49(9) micrometer.

And then you can divide it by 1/16 due to microstepping, am i right?
Yes,Johny.You are right.

Thanks Ray!
I had pm to you.But it will be a lot of work to do if we provide DIY version software.And sometimes,the stability can not be gauranteed to every DIY's system.

Hi Saul
We can provide motor,cable and control box as a package.Because the control box has its plug standard which is matching the cable and motor.We really do not suggest user to open the control box to welding inside because it will damage the thermal dissipation parts. I had pm to you the package price if you need.

Thanks to Chris S for offering this chance to let me introduce the rail!

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Good responses WilliamG, you're winning approval! :)

1) Are those connectors a commonly available Standard (the SS can be a pain) and

2) Can you supply, or can a user use, a standard 400 step/rev motor if they wanted to? Obviously the distance per step would alter.
Chris R

williamG

Post by williamG »

ChrisR wrote:Good responses WilliamG, you're winning approval! :)

1) Are those connectors a commonly available Standard (the SS can be a pain) and

2) Can you supply, or can a user use, a standard 400 step/rev motor if they wanted to? Obviously the distance per step would alter.
Thanks!

Yes,it‘s "GX16 4 Pin 16mm aviation connector".Users can make their own motor with this plug.It can be found in ebay.We can supply motor with plug and cable later on website.
Connection definition:1 A+,2 A-, 3 B+,4 B-
We can supply 400 step/rev motor with the plug already be installed.Even the rail with this motor in future.But the step length setting in software will be half of it in actual.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic