Great Oak Beauty

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

gpmatthews

Great Oak Beauty

Post by gpmatthews »

Well, here's one for George and Rik, following the Silver Y discussions. This is, I think, a Great Oak Beauty, Hypomecis roboraria. My reasons are, size, markings and the fact that its distribution is largely confined to the south of England. There are, however, many species with similar markings...

... anyway, this one landed on my (white) workbench and sat obligingly still for its portrait to be taken with my Powershot S50. The ident remains tentative!
Graham

Though we lean upon the same balustrade, the colours of the mountain are different.

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Well what ever the ID there Graham, you have an excellent photograph. The white surface of the bench makes the features of the moth stand out really well, nice details too. Thanks! :D

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Well, that is a lovely moth, and it sounds to me like you've nailed the ID. :wink:

A most pleasing image to see, Graham. I'll be gone for the next week and a half or so, and this is a good image to be left with. See you folks later!

--Rik

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Rik said:
I'll be gone for the next week and a half or so, and this is a good image to be left with. See you folks later!
Bye... :smt006 :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic