Appeal for Educational images!

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ChrisR
Site Admin

Appeal for Educational images!

Post by ChrisR »

How it came about : As a few of you will have read, I'm helping a local girls' school teach electronics.
For whatever reason, sciences are less popular for girls than boys, though there's still a number who are very keen. The curriculum has to bias towards the demand, so the keen minority miss out. We have started, with a group of 17, which is about 10% of the school year. The brave soul is the biology teacher who decided to run the course, with no electronics background at all. :shock:

Back at biology, there's a clear need for good, educational or inspirational images. Some that we see on this forum are clearly exceptional, especially where stacking was necessary, or 3D pairs or other advanced techniques, have been produced. I've shown a couple to the teacher, who has jumped at the idea of including them in projected material, or as attractive wall pictures. The photographers have in those cases agreed that I can use their images, for which I am most grateful

The course is high-school level, for 18 year-old students. I've reproduced the first part of the specification below, which includes some of the more appropriate subjects for illustration in the earlier modules, but the field is obviously wide open, and can be extended to the other sciences. If you have any pictures which you think might be approprpriate, and are willing for them to be used in this limited way, please let me know!
1024 pixels wide is OK for projection, but for printing, the more pixels the better. I shall of course be happy to credit the photographer.

Warning - I have several images in mind, for which I shall be pressing the photographers!

Thanks!

Module 1: Cells (nb includes human!)
1.1.1 Cell Structure
1.1.2 Cell Membranes
1.1.3 Cell Division, Cell Diversity and Cellular Organisation
• Module 2: Exchange and Transport
1.2.1 Exchange Surfaces and Breathing
1.2.2 Transport in Animals
1.2.3 Transport in Plants
Unit F212: Molecules, Biodiversity, Food and Health
• Module 1: Biological Molecules
2.1.1 Biological Molecules
2.1.2 Nucleic Acids
2.1.3 Enzymes
• Module 2: Food and Health
2.2.1 Diet and Food Production
2.2.2 Health and Disease
• Module 3: Biodiversity and Evolution
2.3.1 Biodiversity
2.3.2 Classification
2.3.3 Evolution
2.3.4 Maintaining Biodiversity
Unit F213: Practical Skills In Biology 1
• Practical tasks.

Add human biology, such as liver and kidney structure.

The full syllabus, first year (of 2):
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/171693-spe ... a-h020.pdf

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic