Dragons and Damsels

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Netgarden

Dragons and Damsels

Post by Netgarden »

I don't know much about them, we have alot more than usual here this summer. They generally are very shy and never stop for photos, as I have been chasing them all summer here..;~) Yesterday I saw one outside[again] grabbing my 300mm and opened the door, and this red one sat and reposed and relanded for 20 minutes! Then another one came by! Geesh, like I hit the jackpot...I know it won't happen again! :D
Thanks for looking!
Last edited by Netgarden on Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erland R.N.

Post by Erland R.N. »

Nice pictures. A really cool posture you captured in the 1st one. It looks like the dragonfly is "head cocking", a rapid movement of the head to direct its eyes best vision toward something in the air, probably a small flying prey.

The three red ones look like male Neon Skimmers, very similar to Flame Skimmers, but with less tinted wing areas. The third picture look like an immature female Blue Dasher.

Erland

Netgarden

Post by Netgarden »

Thanks Erland. And do you think the male is a Damsel and the yellow one a female? I was confused about that.

He was looking up. I stood patiently for him to move his head, and yes he spotted birds immediately! I was worried his curiosity in me might get himself eaten! ;~) :roll:

salden

Post by salden »

Beautiful images and I really like that orange (or red).

Reminder - only 3 images per day per gallery. Sometimes it is hard to remember, especially when you have photos as nice as these.
Sue Alden

Netgarden

Post by Netgarden »

Thanks Sue, sorry it's been a long time... :roll:
No prob. These are greatly reduced in bytes so hope that helped.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic