Paraphyses and sporangia

Every 30 days the site administrators will pick an image made through a microscope from the "Photography Through the Microscope Gallery" to be featured on the front page of the www.amateurmicrography.net website.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Charles Krebs

Post by Charles Krebs »

Quite amazing!

(Let's see... house values have gone up... I wonder how much equity I have now.... but I would need to live in my car and thus have no place to put it! ) :wink: :cry: :wink:

arturoag75

Post by arturoag75 »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

RogelioMoreno

Post by RogelioMoreno »

Wow, the colors, details and quality is amazing!

Rogelio

abpho

Post by abpho »

All I can say is wow. And congratulations for making the front page.
I'm in Canada! Isn't that weird?

Marek Mis

Post by Marek Mis »

Igor,

I haven't been here long time and suddenly I could see your stunning photographs at this forum! All of them are world class, beautiful and perfect technically, as usually :)

Twoje zdjecia to zupelnie inna bajka ... Stanowczo zawyzasz poziom ;)
Fajnie, ze jestes na forum. Pozdrawiam.

Marek

Raaj

Wow!

Post by Raaj »

Wow! Amazing and excellent images. Agree with the others about this being out of the realm of ordinary mortals like yours truly. Well done!

Cheers,
-raaj

jswatts

Post by jswatts »

Amazing stuff as always, Igor. I'm working hard to catch up with you, but it's awfully difficult to hit a target that moves so fast!

Rik and Chris, oftentimes, folks will report the combined magnification of the objective and the eyepieces together so this may have been taken through a 10x objective, and Zeiss does have some impressive stitching software. The zoom on these scopes does allow you to zoom out a bit. Personally, I find including magnification be be confusing, since I'm never sure what someone is reporting; much better to include a scale bar.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

jswatts wrote:...so this may have been taken through a 10x objective, and Zeiss does have some impressive stitching software.
I have seen information outside the forum clarifying that this image was shot with a 10X/0.45 objective, no stitching necessary.
Personally, I find including magnification be be confusing, since I'm never sure what someone is reporting; much better to include a scale bar.
Agreed. This topic has been discussed numerous times here at photomacrography.net . If a scale bar cannot be included in the image (say for esthetic reasons), then specifying the field width is also unambiguous. I have also seen some commercially offered images specified like "100X when printed 10 inches wide". That method is unambiguous too, and may be more intuitive especially for people new to the field.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic