Got my linear stage :D the obligatory test shot....

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

yeatzee

Post by yeatzee »

Ok here's stack #2. All in all, from beginning of the shoot to now, it has taken something like 8 hours of work. Long story short I bumped the setup ruining the stack so i had to start over, my batteries died in both my camera and my flashes so I had to wait for everything to charge mid-stack, stacking takes what has to be close to an hour since my laptop is so slow.... which I had to do three times because I tried to figure out how to make the hairs not have those odd artifacts which i could not undo so I had to start over again each time, and because finally when I had everything ok the computer froze and did not start to work again for another hour or so :shock:

UGH

SO, here's the final result. All in all, very minimal PP just cropping, rotating, RAW to jpeg conversion, and some curves.

Phidippus Audax by yeatzee (now 17, but still learning), on Flickr

60 images stacked. The setup was a Pentax F 135mm F/2.8 with a reversed Pentax F 28mm F/2.8 stacked. The 135mm was wideopen and the 28mm was at I believe F/4. 3 second shutter speed, MLU, two flashes with their own respective diffusers, ISO 100.

What do you think of this one?

edit: some crops

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Excellent! =D> :smt023 Great capture of fine surface detail, no blown highlights, no unnecessary dark shadows, attractive background color.

Having gone through just what you describe, I feel your pain. Trust me, it gets better.

--Rik

Chris S.
Site Admin

Post by Chris S. »

Yep, looks great! :smt038 Nice job with the lighting, background, and all else.

As Rik said, it gets easier. I sure have been there myself.

Cheers,

--Chris

seta666

Post by seta666 »

This second stack looks perfect to me, wonderfull lighting, beautiful background; everything in place
As I said when you first posted in this forums "you will retire us all" ;-)
Regards
Javier

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Lookin good, very good!
But would you do it all again please, because I don't like pink-orange-yellow-green backgrounds ? :lol: :lol:

Graham46

Post by Graham46 »

Great job :D
Semper cogitatio
Graham

yeatzee

Post by yeatzee »

ChrisR wrote:Lookin good, very good!
But would you do it all again please, because I don't like pink-orange-yellow-green backgrounds ? :lol: :lol:
Ha! Next time what color would you suggest
seta666 wrote:This second stack looks perfect to me, wonderfull lighting, beautiful background; everything in place
As I said when you first posted in this forums "you will retire us all" ;-)
Regards
Javier
Thanks Javier!
Chris S. wrote:Yep, looks great! :smt038 Nice job with the lighting, background, and all else.

As Rik said, it gets easier. I sure have been there myself.

Cheers,

--Chris
Thank you Chris
rjlittlefield wrote:Excellent! =D> :smt023 Great capture of fine surface detail, no blown highlights, no unnecessary dark shadows, attractive background color.

Having gone through just what you describe, I feel your pain. Trust me, it gets better.

--Rik
Thanks Rik. Worth it in the end for sure... especially when viewing it on my friends MASSIVE apple desktop :shock:
Graham46 wrote:Great job :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic