www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Request for reference image of iphone pixels
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Request for reference image of iphone pixels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mendel314

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject: Request for reference image of iphone pixels Reply with quote

I just finished machining some microfiche lens mounts yesterday to attach them to my rig. They are rated for rather high magnification, so I did some preliminary test shots of my iphone screen, but the highest magnification objective I have is a 10x mitutoyo for reference. If anyone has any higher magnification objectives and an iphone 6 or 6s, could you kindly post a picture of some in focus pixels for me to compare my results with? I will post my results tonight after I shoot some other targets for reference. I was shooting a white screen with black text, and trying to shoot part of a letter, so if you can get some part of a letter in your image, it would be useful.

I am happy to report that I am asking this because I could not find any results online that were as good as what I was getting last night, so I need a better reference to compare my results with.
barnack-bill

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can't aspire to iphones of any generation but this is my Nexus tablet 323 DPI using a micro Minolta microfiche lens reversed on a 200mm f4.5 Soligor lens as a 'tube' lens. I'll try to find time to repeat it using the bellows and compare it with some other microfiche lenses from my recent batch purchase.

Whole frame

1:1 pixel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: