Bradford Pear Tree Bloom

Earlier images, not yet re-categorized. All subject types. Not for new images.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Ken Ramos

Bradford Pear Tree Bloom

Post by Ken Ramos »

Bradford Pear Bloom
Canon EOS 20D, hand held
Canon EF-100mm f/2.8 Macro USM

Several of these trees line the parking area where I work and every year since I have been employed there, I always look forward to seeing these beautiful white blooms. Can the Dogwoods be far behind...? Ah..choo! :shock: :D

jmlphoto

Post by jmlphoto »

nice pic ken. my peach tree is filling up quickly with blooms.
Jordan L. photo southern california.

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Nice shot Ken! I'm off the team for a day or two having just had a vasectomy,ouch!
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Thanks Jordan :D Peach trees in the orchard across from where I work have blooms all over them too, however I don't think they, the owner, would appreciate me prowling around his orchard with a camera, regardless of what I was up to. People are funny around here. :lol:

Cyclops wrote:
I'm off the team for a day or two having just had a vasectomy,ouch!
:shock: Well my goodness Larry :roll: You know out here you can get one real cheap in Manassas, Virginia. Lets see :-k , Loraina I think is her name. Anyway a crack surgon, really a "cut" above the rest. :D

Bob

Post by Bob »

I am not one to tag on "good picture" to everything that is posted.

But, this is an exceptional image. I like the sharp focus, the depth of field, color and composition. The lighting is very effective with some back lighting and some front lighting of the petals. The exposure is perfect - I assume it was natural light.

The only nit I could pick is the two bright areas on the right border, they tend to pull the eye away from the subject but that is a small issue and could be very easily corrected in Photoshop.

What were your camera settings?

Thanks for posting.

Bob

Ken Ramos

Post by Ken Ramos »

Bob replied:
The only nit I could pick is the two bright areas on the right border, they tend to pull the eye away from the subject but that is a small issue and could be very easily corrected in Photoshop.

What were your camera settings?
You know for some reason I did not notice those, I suppose they could have been cloned out. I use Photo Impact 6, a really old program but it works well for my uses. There was another area like that at the bottom of the bloom but I was able to crop it out. The settings if I recall were 1/125 sec. @ f/9 ISO 100 and no flash was used, plenty of sun, high noon. The original of this I did not save but I did happen to glance at the exif before trashing it. Usually I save everything I go to the trouble of processing but this one for some odd reason or another, I did not. :-k

Thanks Bob! :D

Cyclops

Post by Cyclops »

Ken Ramos wrote:
:shock: Well my goodness Larry :roll: You know out here you can get one real cheap in Manassas, Virginia. Lets see :-k , Loraina I think is her name. Anyway a crack surgon, really a "cut" above the rest. :D

Ah we get all this pain and tugging for free over here,luckily,well i think luckily anyway ;)
Canon 5D and 30D | Canon IXUS 265HS | Cosina 100mm f3.5 macro | EF 75-300 f4.5-5.6 USM III | EF 50 f1.8 II | Slik 88 tripod | Apex Practicioner monocular microscope

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic