Zeiss objectives (40x, 63x oil, 100x oil, potential issues)

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

jnh

Zeiss objectives (40x, 63x oil, 100x oil, potential issues)

Post by jnh »

I have the following Zeiss objectives to offer:

Zeiss EC Plan-NEOFLUAR 40x 0.75
Zeiss Plan-Apochromat 63x/1.4 Oil (420782-9900), DIC, inf/0.17
Zeiss N-Achroplan 100X 1.25NA Oil, 420990-9900

They are surplus and I don't have any need/use for them.
The oil objectives, however, might have a potential delamination issue. Looking through the objectives, there are some irregularities at the edge of the front element. I suspected immersion oil residue, but upon inquiring here, someone helpfully pointed out, it could be delamination. I didn't see the rainbow pattern, that was pointed out as a tell-tale sign, but I have no means (and no time) to properly test this. The 40x suffers no such issues and appears to be fine, but I can not test its fidelity either.

Hence, I'd like to propose the following to a potential buyer: let's assume, they are not delaminated and we agree on a price (I'm willing to let them go for a good price), but you don't pay anything, yet. I send you the objectives for testing. If they turn out fine, the agreed upon price is payed. If they are not usable, just send them back (I'll pay for return shipping). So, besides time for testing not much is lost on the buyers side. I hope, that sounds acceptable (I would like to limit this to members who have been around here for a while, though, and not just signed up five minutes ago).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic