20x: Alcides Metaurus Scales (Zodiac Moth)

Images taken in a controlled environment or with a posed subject. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Macro_Cosmos

20x: Alcides Metaurus Scales (Zodiac Moth)

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

This is my favourite critter. A zodiac moth! Taken with Mitutoyo M Plan Apo 20x lens, ITL200 tube lens.

Image[/url]

Information such as shutter speed and setup can be found in the corresponding descriptions: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mcmicroscopy/

Thanks for your time!

Kind Regards,
MC

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Very beautiful.

I also enjoyed your flickr album. I noticed your frustration with the 5x hi-res Mity. I have the same feeling towards my 2.5x hi -res Mitutoyo. I think that for photography, both these are bad choices, if parfocality is not important. You can just use the ordinary 10x on a 100mm tube lens.

Smokedaddy

Post by Smokedaddy »

Very nice images.

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

Lou Jost wrote:Very beautiful.

I also enjoyed your flickr album. I noticed your frustration with the 5x hi-res Mity. I have the same feeling towards my 2.5x hi -res Mitutoyo. I think that for photography, both these are bad choices, if parfocality is not important. You can just use the ordinary 10x on a 100mm tube lens.
Hi Lou, glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the kind words.

The 2.5x is a beast too, I've tried it, ridiculous resolution. It easily deals with 1um sensors, same as the 5x I have. Funny enough, my 5x extended to 10x is comparable to my M Plan non-HR 10x. Should be that way since the NA is comparable too.

The heavy vignetting wasn't due to the parfocal extender, my tube lens doesn't cover FX. It did fine on my friend's 1um pitched 1 inch sensor.

My 20x on the other hand seems to be lacking in overall resolution and sharpness, might return it.

What would be a good 100mm tube lens to invest in? Thorlabs has one, $800, yeah no thanks...

Kind Regards,
MC

anvancy

Post by anvancy »

Phenomenal details. Love them.
www.anvancy.com

Raynox 150|Raynox 250|Raynox MSN 202|Canon MPE 65mm|Canon 100mm.|Wemacro Rail

uncleY

Post by uncleY »

???????
I pool English,sorry to some time

uncleY