Zerene: Automatic order & Align All Frames

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Adalbert

Zerene: Automatic order & Align All Frames

Post by Adalbert »

Hello everybody,
In the thread http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... 7&start=15
I have tested the behavior of my THK KR2001A and NEMA 17 / (Wantai). This test has been done with the deactivated “Automatic order”.
Just now I have activated the “Automatic order” and got the same results as before.
When could I see the impact of the “Automatic order” ?
BR, ADi

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

The most common case where people see an effect from "Automatic order" is when they've turned it off, then process a stack that was shot starting at the wide end, and are surprised that edge streaks appear in the output image.

"Automatic order" will have little or no effect on measuring lateral movement, as you were doing in the thread that you've linked.

To explain in more detail...

If you hover over "Automatic order" in the Preferences panel, you will see a tooltip that says
If checked, automatically reverse order as needed to start with narrowest field of view.
With most sorts of optics, one end of the stack will have a narrower field of view than the other end does. If the stack is processed starting at the wide end, then streaks are likely to appear in the edge regions that are outside the frame of some of the source images.

To reduce or eliminate these streaks, Zerene Stacker normally attempts to figure out which end of the stack has the narrower field of view, and automatically reverses the stack if necessary so as to start processing at the narrow end.

This operation is controlled by the settings for "Scale" and "Automatic order", and by the nature of the stack. If both options are selected, and the stack appears to have been shot in order from wide to narrow (as determined by comparing image content in first and last frames), then the stack will be reversed automatically. Otherwise it will be processed in the order as shot (or as manually reversed).

--Rik

Adalbert

Post by Adalbert »

Hi Rik,
"Automatic order" will have little or no effect on measuring lateral movement, as you were doing in the thread that you've linked.
OK, I've got it, many thanks!
BR, ADi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic