Counterfeit Mitutoyo Objectives?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

That one isn't the plan apo series we know and love. It's from the HM-100 range. RRP was £412 but the data's missing so it may be discontinued.
Chris R

Scarodactyl

Post by Scarodactyl »

There are a number of mitutoyo enlarging or comparator lenses on eBay as well. Apparently not much good for photography bases on the minor doscussion here though.

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

This is a horrible knockoff made by Tokyo Correct/Seiwa Optical. It's not apochromatic and it sucks. Avoid it.

Scarodactyl

Post by Scarodactyl »

The earlier review here of a 10x seiwa showed some rather blurred test images with notable CA, certainly not good compared to a mitutoyo, though it seemed to perform OK with a stacked image of a moth. It seemed like a less than ideal lens (especially compared to a real mitutoyo) that I would nevertheless not mind to have if the price were low enough. What was your experience like?

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

There are several Mitutoyo copies, OEM rebadged versions, or whatever they are. I have an AMSCO 20x which isn't bad at all.
I was lead to believe by the vendor that it was made by Mitutoyo, though that's possibly not the case.
Another lens comparison goes on the list.. :roll:
Chris R

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic