Nikon Small World Reception

This area is for the discussion of what's new, what's on your mind, and general photographic topics. A place to meet, make comments on this site, and get the latest community news.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Olympusman

Nikon Small World Reception

Post by Olympusman »

The opening reception for the Nikon Small World competition was held Friday evening, January 18 at the Wistar Institute In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I was an invited guest speaker. FYI - you would be amazed at how well your images hold up on that big screen display.

Michael Reese Much FRMS EMS Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Congratulations, and it must have been a real kick to see your image on that giant display system!

Olympusman

Small World

Post by Olympusman »

I was actually awestruck by the quality of all of the winning images. As I said, I couldn't believe these images could hold up at that size, particularly those from our group.

Mike

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

Congratulations Mike, that's awesome!!

Did you display some of your superb chip images?

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

Olympusman

Nikon Small World

Post by Olympusman »

The program was limited to the entries for Nikon Small World. The large display rotated in the same order as seen in the Small World website. My address concerned my background, techniques and the methods used for the capture of my image.
Thank you for your comment on my chip photography. Since I have been shooting with a 100X oil objective, I've been going through my chip collection and looking for areas on the chips that would lend themselves to high magnification capture.

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic