support of extension tube

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

bs0604

support of extension tube

Post by bs0604 »

I just got all the pieces for my extension tube set up and it fits together nicely. Now I am going about getting flocking material. My question is -- suggestions on how to support the long extension tube set up so it does not put undo strain on the camera mount.??

dickb

Re: support of extension tube

Post by dickb »

bs0604 wrote:I just got all the pieces for my extension tube set up and it fits together nicely. Now I am going about getting flocking material. My question is -- suggestions on how to support the long extension tube set up so it does not put undo strain on the camera mount.??
You may want to specify which extension tubes you are using. Different tubes have different outer diameters and require different support systems.

Thorlabs have a nice system for their tubes, I've seen clamps intended for Harley Davidson exhausts repurposed for this use. I use lens tripod mounts, some from old lenses and some cheap ebay ones. These come in different diameters:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/114 ... enses.html

mawyatt

Post by mawyatt »

As mentioned, various tube clamps types including those from Thor Labs and MJKZZ work well. These are for specific tube diameters though, and Wemacro has an adapter than is adjustable for various diameters.

Hejnar has a ARCA rail with a "Y" adapter on the end. If you secure the lens with rubber bands to the "Y" wheels it should work with all be various tube lens assemblies. Here's what I have.

http://www.hejnarphotostore.com/product-p/llsp6.htm

Best,
Research is like a treasure hunt, you don't know where to look or what you'll find!
~Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic