New camera

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Leo96

New camera

Post by Leo96 »

Hi to all, I'd like to upgrade my old Nikon d3300 for a mirrorless apsc camera.
I'll use it mainly for studio stacking at high magnification and sometimesfor everyday photography, so I'd prefer a camera with fully electronic shutter.
I'm interested in the fuji xt20 and Sony a6300, which is better for extreme macro?
Thank you guys!

DavyC

Post by DavyC »

I am not a macro expert, though I suspect there is not a world of difference between the the Fuji/Sony cameras technically. I recently bought the Fuji xt20. I am sure had I bought the Sony a6300 I would be equally as pleased. In terms of price and value, I did buy the kit version with the 18-55mm lens.
I could have sold on the new unused 18-55 at a profit/saving, however it has turned out to be a strong performer as a general walkabout lens. Keeping it at 55mm and adding on some cheap auto extension tubes it also doubles up as an in the field macro lens. I am not sure of the Sony and it's kit lens performance. Good luck with whatever you decide on.

Macro_Cosmos

Post by Macro_Cosmos »

a6300 or d500.
I personally prefer the latter, since no mirror is a must, then a6300.
A used XT1 or XT2 would be a fine choice too. Now there's Capture One fuji version, I wish I was a fuji user.

Leo96

Post by Leo96 »

Thank you guys, I've just taken a sony a6300

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic