equipment recommendations

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

bs0604

equipment recommendations

Post by bs0604 »

I would like to take images through a trinocular dissecting scope. I bought an AmScope which I tried mating with my fujifilm xpro2. Results were not ideal. Part of the problem was the image in focus on the camera LCD screen was. not similarly in focus on the computer. Any recommendations for a higher end set up?

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Lack of Parfocality is probably to do with the distances between your camera and trinoc port. If you could say what you're using in there or post a snap, you'd probably get best help.

Dissection and general purpose stereo scopes don't give greatest images because the optics are optimized for working distance, etc.

"OK, so, what else" is a fairly common question, here's a couple of Rik's former posts which contain relevant advice:
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... 988#195988
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... p?p=198449
Chris R

Scarodactyl

Post by Scarodactyl »

Yeah, Amscope doesn't has a mixed reputation but it is possible to get them parfocal if nothing is wrong. I have done it on my old amscope before, you just need to tweak the spacing of the adapter components until it is right.

So there's no need to buy a new scope just for that, but while Amscopes are plenty functional you'll lilely want to upgrade evemtually anyway. If you're stuck on a stereo scope usually the best option is to buy a used one from a good brand, as you can get great value for the money, much more so than buying a new scope from a Chinese importer like Amscope. Exactly which ones you'd want to aim for depends on your budget. Just don't buy one from a seller without a good return policy (particularly on eBay), lest you get stuck with a roached moldy microscope paperweight.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic