Linos 50mm 0.20 NA Any Help With This Lens?

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

RobertOToole

Linos 50mm 0.20 NA Any Help With This Lens?

Post by RobertOToole »

This is what I know so far.

Israeli Seller says its an inspection lens, F=50mm and NA or 0.20.

Came in a Linos bag with Linos lens caps.

I did a quick test and the lens seems to be CA free but with 200mm or so extension there was detail but the image quality is no good with low contrast and lots of fuzziness.

My next idea is to mount on a 200mm tube lens maybe?

Any ideas or info anyone?

Looks like a Zeiss CTP lens or Rodenstock LOTEM lens???

The Linos lens looks like this:

This is where it gets interesting next to a Nikon S Fluor 4x 0.20.

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

It may be a laser optics lens, and corrected for only one wavelength. I believe laser optics is Linos' main business.

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

ray_parkhurst wrote:It may be a laser optics lens, and corrected for only one wavelength. I believe laser optics is Linos' main business.
Hi Ray,

An optic designed for one wavelength would show really bad CAs in VIS right? This lens seemed to be LoCA free so I am hoping its not designed for use with laser...but you might be right. :?

I do have some fast lenses that look super on the outside but the CAs are off the chart, I always write these off as for litho or laser use.

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

Designed to look through a thick window, perhaps?

--Rik

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

rjlittlefield wrote:Designed to look through a thick window, perhaps?

--Rik
That might just be it Rik, thanks for that.

There is a Mitutoyo line of objectives for that I believe, the G type or something like that.

Robert

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

Those one-wavelength lenses can be interesting for those of us who need to take B&W photos of monochrome subjects.....do you have any with high NA?

dickb

Post by dickb »

ray_parkhurst wrote:It may be a laser optics lens, and corrected for only one wavelength. I believe laser optics is Linos' main business.
Linos is now a brand name of Qioptiq. They use it for laser related optics but also for machine vision lenses and a all currently produced (Apo) Rodagons, formerly known as Rodenstock lenses. I have for instance a lens (XR Heligon) in three versions, labelled Rodenstock (up to 2006), Linos (2006-2009) or Qioptiq (2009 and later).

Regarding the Linos DD 945-000146-00 lens Robert has, it bears similarities (in catalog number at least) to another Linos lens described as being a "Tube Lens 35.5/297". Not sure what these numbers refer to though.

Macrero

Post by Macrero »

I have one of those laying in a drawer. Tried it in virtually any possible way: straight mounted, reversed, with relay/tube lens, stopped down in the front, stopped down in the rear... I gave up. Correction is very good and resolution seems to be there, but image is foggy and image circle is small, coverage is poor on APS-C. Stopping it down improves coverage and contrast, but not enough.

This is a test stack with the lens stopped down in the front, mounted on top of an Apo-Gerogon 150 at 3X approx:

https://images2.imgbox.com/84/cb/NdRHk5xP_o.jpg

with this configuration, lens is certainly usable, though not sure if worthy, having better and less tricky to use optics.

Best,

- Macrero
https://500px.com/macrero - Amateurs worry about equipment, Pros worry about money, Masters worry about Light

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

dickb wrote:
Linos is now a brand name of Qioptiq. They use it for laser related optics but also for machine vision lenses and a all currently produced (Apo) Rodagons, formerly known as Rodenstock lenses. I have for instance a lens (XR Heligon) in three versions, labelled Rodenstock (up to 2006), Linos (2006-2009) or Qioptiq (2009 and later).

Regarding the Linos DD 945-000146-00 lens Robert has, it bears similarities (in catalog number at least) to another Linos lens described as being a "Tube Lens 35.5/297". Not sure what these numbers refer to though.
Thanks, I sent Qioptiq an email to find out more about it, hopefully they get back to me.

Robert

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

Macrero wrote:I have one of those laying in a drawer. Tried it in virtually any possible way: straight mounted, reversed, with relay/tube lens, stopped down in the front, stopped down in the rear... I gave up. Correction is very good and resolution seems to be there, but image is foggy and image circle is small, coverage is poor on APS-C. Stopping it down improves coverage and contrast, but not enough.

This is a test stack with the lens stopped down in the front, mounted on top of an Apo-Gerogon 150 at 3X approx:

https://images2.imgbox.com/84/cb/NdRHk5xP_o.jpg

with this configuration, lens is certainly usable, though not sure if worthy, having better and less tricky to use optics.

Best,

- Macrero
Thanks Macrero!

ray_parkhurst

Re: Linos 50mm 0.20 NA Any Help With This Lens?

Post by ray_parkhurst »

RobertOToole wrote:
BTW what do you know about the Lotem lenses / equipment? I see them listed at high prices but I have no idea what they are for.

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

ray_parkhurst wrote:
RobertOToole wrote:
BTW what do you know about the Lotem lenses / equipment? I see them listed at high prices but I have no idea what they are for.
The Lotem and Zeiss CTP machines are computer-to-print (CTP) pre-press platesetters. Looks like they use 830 nm light and have something like 3500 DPI up to a 44 inch plate/print.

Here is a PDF for the Lotem 800:

http://www.ezhitech.com/uploads/7/2/3/7 ... tem800.pdf

ray_parkhurst

Post by ray_parkhurst »

RobertOToole wrote:
ray_parkhurst wrote:
RobertOToole wrote:
The Lotem and Zeiss CTP machines are computer-to-print (CTP) pre-press platesetters. Looks like they use 830 nm light and have something like 3500 DPI up to a 44 inch plate/print.

Here is a PDF for the Lotem 800:

http://www.ezhitech.com/uploads/7/2/3/7 ... tem800.pdf
Fantastic! I learn something new every day.

RobertOToole

Post by RobertOToole »

Dead end at Qioptiq.

The lens came sealed in a plastic Linos logo bag with Linos made in Germany lens caps but Linos / Qioptiq / Excelitas Technologies Corp. says they have never seen the lens, they would need a PO, order, or an alternate PN to give me any specs.

:?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic