Using UV filter with bellows

A forum to ask questions, post setups, and generally discuss anything having to do with photomacrography and photomicroscopy.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

dragonblade

Using UV filter with bellows

Post by dragonblade »

Ive got a bellows with Canon FD mount from eBay which I haven't used yet. I also have a bunch of Canon FD lenses that I use with my Panasonic Micro 4/3 cameras with an M4/3 to Canon FD adapter. One worry I have is dust being blown on to the sensor from the bellows. I'm after some ideas on how I can use a UV filter or equivalent near the lens mount to prevent dust from passing through. I know there's a similar thread already on this very topic but my configuration is a little different in that I have an M4/3 to Canon FD adapter. Can't really think of a solution myself. I also have a Canon FD extension tube though I'm not sure if that would be helpful in inserting a UV filter.

dragonblade

Post by dragonblade »

Hmmm....don't suppose you can screw a filter directly on to an M42 screw lens mount? If so, one possible combination could be camera body – M4/3 to M42 adapter – filter – M42 to Canon FD adapter – bellows – Canon FD lens. Though I'm not keen on buying so many lens adapters as good quality ones tend to be fairly pricey.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic