WeMacro rail and MacOS

Just bought that first macro lens? Post here to get helpful feedback and answers to any questions you might have.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

macrobrit

WeMacro rail and MacOS

Post by macrobrit »

For those with whom I've interacted in the past, I'm now moved and living in Chapel Hill, NC. This gives me time to play with the pile of gear I've had for a while but not had the time to set up.

One of these is is the WeMacro rail. I know it works, I can get it running on a Win10 machine, but I don't one as a 'daily user'. What I do have is a number of Macs (macbook pro and iMac retina models primarily) all running 10.13.6.

I have installed the softeware from their web and followed the instructions - and tried all the options I can think of, and the rail will not move.

Has anyone got this running on MacOS?

Cheers

Graham

williamG

Post by williamG »

Hi
Graham
Would you please let us know your email address?I will send solution to you.It causes by the compatibility of the ch340 chip driver for Mac and can be fixed now.
Best regards
William

william@wemacro.com

macrobrit

Post by macrobrit »

William,

You have mail! Thanks

macrobrit

Fixed!

Post by macrobrit »

William did email me and sent a new driver. That driver worked on one machine (iMac), but NOT on my MacBook Pro.
I have no idea why, but I did find a SIGNED driver via this page: https://blog.sengotta.net/signed-mac-os ... al-bridge/ and that DOES work on the MacBook.

Let's see if I can make progress and produce images!

Cheers

Graham

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic