Wanted: Wild HU photo tube for Wild M20.

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

viktor j nilsson

Wanted: Wild HU photo tube for Wild M20.

Post by viktor j nilsson »

I've been asking in a couple of places already, apologies to those of you that have seen this before.

Over the last year, I've been putting together a nice 'frankenscope' using a Wild M20 base, Wild Aplanatic-Achromatic condenser, Leitz Heine condenser (found one for $20!) and Nikon CF objectives (4x & 10x & 40x E plan, 20x CFN plan, 40x CFN plan phase) +a Lomo water immersion 70x 1.23 phase objective.

However, there is one critical part missing: a phototube.

Ideally, I want to find the HU phototube with the three-position switch. But I could probably live with the H version with a fixed 25%/75% beam splitter (but the Heine eats so much light I'd prefer the HU one!).

I've been burned a couple of times recently buying things from US surplus sellers on eBay, and those mistakes get really expensive when you're located in Europe. So I would much rather buy from someone here.

So: is there anyone out there with a nice, clean Wild M20 photo tube that they are willing to give up for a fair price?

Perl

Post by Perl »

Hi
Might have one
How do i look ?
any Pic ?

Regards
Pär
****** Seeing is Believing ******

viktor j nilsson

Pär, that would be amazing.

This is what they look like. Note the silver ring on the HU version that is used to change between the three beam splitter positions.

/Viktor

viktor j nilsson

Unfortunately, Pär didn't have that type of phototube.

So I am still looking!

viktor j nilsson

Well, I emailed an offer of $150 for the HU phototube that's been sitting on eBay for a while with a $269 price tag. The seller accepted, and confirmed that it was in "excellent optical condition", so hopefully I can get the money back if it's not. It'll cost me a bit more than I'd like with shipping and taxes, but I can live with that if it works. Hopefully I'm set now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic