Metallux II

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

luxikon

Metallux II

Post by luxikon »

Hi,

what is the difference between the Metallux II and the Ortholux II?
Can I use the same condensers on both and does the Metallux II allow transmission light microscopy too ?
The point is: I can buy a Metallux II (instead of a n Ortholux II which I was looking for) so I wonder whether i can use my Labolux II (emamel kind) condersers and objektives on the Metallux II too.

Thanks for your answers
Klaus

wpo

Post by wpo »

Dear Klaus,

Ortholux II and Metallux II are both the same microscope stands. In opposite to the Metallux I, which does not include the whole translucent optical path of the Ortholux I, the only difference between Ortholux II and Metallux II is the name plate. Typically a Metallux ist not provided for translucent examination. So it may be that the microscope stage of your Metallux II does not include the Leitz condenser mounting setup. But this item can be retrofitted.

Be aware of the infinity corrected objectivs which are made for use with uncovered sanded, polished and chemical etched specimen without coverslip. You have to replace the revolving nose piece if you want to use your own 170mm objectives for covered specimens.

Basically the Ortholux/Metallux II ist a very good choice because many components, condensers, revolving nosepieces etc. are interchangeable with the Diavert inverted microscope which is beautiful for living specimens. So you get the basis for a very useful system for amateur microscopy use with lots of technical capabilities.

Das hätte ich Dir allerdings auch am Telephon sagen und erläutern können.:wink:

Best regards

Wolfgang

luxikon

Post by luxikon »

Dear Wolfgang,

thanks for your detailed answer, as always very informative

Kind regards
Klaus.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic