Microscope Questions

Starting out in microscopy? Post images and ask questions relating to the microscope and get answers from our more advanced users on the subject.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Kaoliangkid

Microscope Questions

Post by Kaoliangkid »

Hello All,
Thanks for all the great advice and inspiring work. I'm looking at an Olympus Bh2-uma and I think it's a screaming good deal. Got a few hang ups though.
I really just wanted to take some beautiful close-ups of bugs. I figure a Plan APO objective would suit my needs, along with a stack rail and stack software to go with my D5500 Nikon (aps-c). But I came across this. I'm pretty sure it's got achromatic objectives which might still do the trick but it's all the bells and whistles I can't ignore, either for personal use or resale after I play around. They're asking $650 for it. Here is the setup with an arrow pointing out an unknown device. What do you think this is? I wonder if I should just buy a 200mm Nikkor f/4 and be done with it or jump into micro. Please advise! Thanks!

Ichthyophthirius

Post by Ichthyophthirius »

That device monted on the teaching arm looks like a CCD camera.

It really depends on the objectives of the microscope. Olympus objectives from the BH2-era require corrective eyepieces (or projectives), even the ones for infinity tube length.

Regards, Ichty

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic