Need Advice for Using Orthoplan for Microscopy

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

pmaxp

Need Advice for Using Orthoplan for Microscopy

Post by pmaxp »

Greetings all. I'm glad I have discovered this community. I have a Leica Orthoplan with a trinocular head. I have tried to figure out EXACTLY what I need for a microphotography set up on the web, but have not found a clear answer or recommendation.

Naturally, I would prefer digital imagery but did see one comment about using the original Wild set-up using slide film and then scanning the images. I'm sure there is an easier and more efficient equipment set up.

I appreciate the help.

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Hi pmaxp, welcome to the forum!

Please show us the equipment you have: trino head, photo adapters and camera, better with pictures.

Few people want to shoot film to scan it -only some nostalgic photographers and those who shot big format fine grain plates-

I suppose you use Leitz objectives, if so they do need complementary corrections done at the eyepiece. These corrections must be done in the photo port, usually with the afocal method.

You could adapt an eyepiece to the camera port and the adequate camera lens or y you have the original Wild set-up (Orthomat?) dismount it to take its lens and again the adequate camera lens over it

About afocal, take a look at
http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... hp?p=99265
Pau

pmaxp

Post by pmaxp »

Thanks. I will post details on my equipment. I currently own a Canon Rebel XT DSLR. I have no other equipment besides the microscope. More info soon.

harisA

Post by harisA »

You can start by reading the following article:
https://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/ar ... _Ver_4.pdf

There is a separate chapter inside dedicated to photography.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic