Parts available for Zeiss Universal/Photomicroscope + others

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

enricosavazzi

Parts available for Zeiss Universal/Photomicroscope + others

Post by enricosavazzi »

I am planning to switch to Olympus for my compound microscope system, and as a result I have quite a bit of Zeiss parts available for sale or trade. It is all finite, 160 mm tube length, for Universal and Photomicroscope. Some of it may fit also Standard and WL stands, but my information in this respect is very limited. I may be interested to trade with parts for Olympus BX, feel free to propose. I am still acquiring the parts for my BX from multiple sources, so at present I cannot make a specific wish list, but I do know that I still need a U Plan Apo 10x (air).

If some of our Swedish members are in, or can come to Stockholm, they are welcome to inspect the material in person, but I have no working microscope to test objectives etc. (what you see in this ad are the parts and spares of my only Zeiss microscope). I would very much prefer to sell/trade in person, but if there are no takers I am willing to ship within the EU (for sales, I will add shipping costs - for trades, the one who ships pays the shipment, i.e. I will do it for the Zeiss parts). Shipment from Sweden is singularly expensive, so you may inquire in advance.

I have a few more parts available, especially the trinocular head, and I will append them as separate posts to this thread when I find the time to unpack them. I also have a Photomicroscope II stand (a little battered but functional, with the film camera and camera optics completely gutted out) that would be too expensive to ship, and therefore would be primarily of interest to members who can come and get it.

Zeiss 160 mm stuff is well known for its tendency to delaminate. Unless I specify otherwise in the description, I can see no delamination in the following items.

Now to the items:
-----
This is a set, that I would try not to split if possible (Edit: I have started to split the set, because there are no takers for the set as a whole)
** Sold ** 47 31 57 5-position head with 5 DIC slider holders
PH1 10/0,22, no slider
PH3 Neofluar 100/1,30 oil, no slider
Plan 6.3/0.16
** Sold ** Plan 6.3/0.16 DIC slider, some delamination at one end of prism (about 80% of prism length is delamination free, sides of prism not delaminated)
** Sold ** Plan 16/0.32 with Plan 16/0.35 DIC slider. Update: I discovered that there is a delamination (hard to see but indeed present) at one end of the prism, which affects 20% of the prism length. There is also a slight delamination along one side, out of the field of view of a 16x objective. About half of the prism adjustment travel is unaffected by the delamination. I am selling it "for parts only" for 20€ + shipment.
Plan 49/0.65 with Plan 40/0.65 DIC slider, no delamination

46 52 73 Inko condenser with Phako IV Z7 0.32 and apl 0.63 screw-on lens. Inside the condenser wheel:
Phako 2 phase annulus
Phako 3 phase annulus
** Sold ** DIC 16 prism, usable also with 6.3x objective, with multiple delaminations around edges, see detail pictures (it does not seem to affect the image and has not increased during the last few years, but there are no guarantees)
DIC 40 prism, with possible very small delamination at extreme edge, well outside the used area.

** Sold ** Complete condenser holder with geared rack, additional bottom lens and filter tray. Fits directly on the Universal/photomicroscope focusing rack and holds the above condenser.

Slider for analyzer. I am throwing in also an analyzer I bought cheaply on eBay, functions fine but NOT original Zeiss.
** Sold ** polarizer fitting atop the light exit on the base of the stand.
Last edited by enricosavazzi on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 16 times in total.
--ES

enricosavazzi

Post by enricosavazzi »

Additional Zeiss Universal/Photomicroscope items I can sell or trade one by one:

** Sold ** Darkfield condenser. There are a few small scratches in the black paint at the bottom of the lens, which I filled in with a permanent black marker (see detail). This completely restores the function of the condenser, but just so you know that the item is not pristine from a collector's point of view.

Focusing rack, older type (I actually have two, one of them still attached to the stand). Not suitable for macro stacking because the fine focus travel is only 2 mm.

** Sold ** Phase condenser with 0.9 top lens (I also have a 1.2 top lens somewhere, which I can add when I find it), with PH1, PH2, PH3 and diaphragm

** Sold ** Holder for above condenser (same type as the one described in preceding post)

** Sold ** Photo tube, accepts a projection eyepiece or a normal eyepiece for afocal setups. I am including a third-party adapter with M42x1 attachment. In an afocal setup, you need a step-up ring to connect a camera lens to the M42 thread (with a normal 10x eyepiece, 60 mm FL lens for full frame, 45 mm for APS-C, 30 mm for Micro 4/3). The tube itself contains no optics.

Part of the Photomicroscope stand where light exits to an epi illuminator. I believe the Universal stand with two illuminator attachments at the rear needs a different part. This one is for stands with only one illuminator attachment at the rear and internal optics to switch between transmitted and epi illumination.

Plan 100/1.25 oil with aperture ring (0.8-1.25)

Filter slider with 6 filters, all original Zeiss, no delamination

Zeiss incandescent illuminator, with lamp (no guarantees that the lamp filament will survive shipping). One side is flat, so this illuminator can be used on a stand without the need for a riser to increase the height. If the buyer is interested I can throw in for free the small Zeiss transformer, which works but is primarily of interest for collectors. I replaced the power cord, but cannot guarantee the internal wiring is safe to use.
Last edited by enricosavazzi on Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:52 pm, edited 8 times in total.
--ES

enricosavazzi

Post by enricosavazzi »

** One sold, one left ** Quintuple objective carrier, no markings, so I believe they are 1x magnification. I have two of these. No delamination.
Last edited by enricosavazzi on Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
--ES

enricosavazzi

Re: Parts available for Zeiss Universal/Photomicroscope

Post by enricosavazzi »

** Sold ** Rotating stage.
Still available: Bracket to attach stage to focusing rack.
Last edited by enricosavazzi on Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:33 am, edited 5 times in total.
--ES

enricosavazzi

Post by enricosavazzi »

** Reserved for now ** Binocular head. This head does not have dioptric adjustments for the eyepieces, so you must use eyepieces with built-in adjustments, like the pair listed below. In the Universal/Photomicroscope, this head attaches at the front of the prism slider listed below.

Prism slider (Heavy item!). This is from a Photomicroscope II, so it has extra positions and internal prisms that are not used on the Universal. Aside from this, it can be used also on the Universal. The photo tube shown in an earlier post attaches at the top of the prism slider.
The magnification changer attached at the bottom is partly defective, and could be replaced if you need access to all magnifications. It has:
2x position, with central delamination (delamination does affect image quality)
1.5 position, with delamination at the edge that does not seem to affect image quality
1.25 position, no delamination
Phase telescope, no delamination

The pol slider is housed in a slot near the bottom (the slider for this slot is advertised separately, see above). A plastic 18 mm slot for filter holder is also there (an empty plastic filter slider is included).

Internal slider for a similar prism slider as the above, for parts only. The leftmost prism (100% light to the external camera) is missing, the other three prisms (including light split to both external camera and eyepieces) are fine.

** Sold ** Pair of Kpl W 10x/20 high-eyepoint ("glasses") eyepieces with diopter adjustments
Last edited by enricosavazzi on Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:41 am, edited 5 times in total.
--ES

enricosavazzi

Post by enricosavazzi »

The items in this post are not Zeiss but Leitz. I thought it better to post them here than start a new thread.

An unusually large stage for transmitted illumination (platform is 21 x 15 cm, micrometer travel over 90 x 50 mm, accepts a slide size up to 170 x 50 mm). The back of the stage bracket has been roughly filed to a flat surface, but probably good enough to use as is. The stage is attached to its bracket via an intermediate Leitz adapter to make the hole spacings compatible.

An odd combination of Leitz and custom parts. The attachment at the rear is for a Leitz Aristophot stage rail. The brass part is apparently custom-made. This does not fit the stage shown above. The Leitz parts are probably standard miscoscope parts.Image
Last edited by enricosavazzi on Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
--ES

enricosavazzi

Post by enricosavazzi »

** Withdrawn ** Back to Zeiss, this is a complete, fully functional Zeiss Tessovar for photomacrography. It comes complete with Zeiss to Icarex adapter. Additional Icarex to ?? adapters are commonly available. See my Tessovar page at http://savazzi.net/photography/tessovar.htm . I don't use it often enough to justify keeping it.
Last edited by enricosavazzi on Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
--ES

Cactusdave

Post by Cactusdave »

PM sent re a couple of items. Pity I don't live in Sweden. :( :lol: I agree that quite a lot of the Zeiss stuff would also fit a WL.
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

arturoag75

Post by arturoag75 »

I sent you a PM
Arturo

Cactusdave

Post by Cactusdave »

Thanks for the excellent eyepieces Enrico. A real pleasure to use.
David
Leitz Ortholux 1, Zeiss standard, Nikon Diaphot inverted, Canon photographic gear

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic