Vorticella (with the new Sony A9)

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

hkv

Post by hkv »

pwnell wrote:
hkv wrote:I must say it is a huge improvement in my workflow compared to the Canon EOS utility I used to rely upon.
Thanks for this info. I used to try Capture One Pro too with my A7RII, but the lag, the limited magnification in live view (if I recall correctly) and the horrible support for capturing my comment with the microscope settings in to Exif caused me to abandon ship.

I use DSLR Remote Pro for my Canon system and it is fantastic. Perhaps I'll take another look at C1 Pro, but I sold my Sony gear.
Live view gives almost a full screen, so I think it is good enough. At least I find it easy to see if it is in focus or not. Also, Capture One has a live view focus meter, so you can see on a meter when Capture One feels the best focus is achieved. I have manually set parfocality by focus peeking/pixel peeping and the meter is spot on to my manual judgement.

If you need text comments it is a little cumbersome, but if you are happy with pre-defined keywords like I do, then it is really easy and fast. Just klick on the keyword button and it is set immediately.
Last edited by hkv on Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

hkv

Post by hkv »

Sumguy01 wrote::smt038 Very nice set.
Thanks for sharing.
'

Thanks!

arturoag75

Post by arturoag75 »

Outstanding at all :)
Arturo

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic