Scanner Nikkor ED 14 element for sale

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Lou Jost

Scanner Nikkor ED 14 element for sale

Post by Lou Jost »

I am selling my 105mm Scanner Nikkor ED, which I removed from a Nikon 8000 Coolscan scanner that I bought. This lens is optimized for 1:1 reproduction and at that magnification it is designed to cover an area about 60mm in diameter. It has the same number of elements (and the same number of exotic-glass ED elements) as a 105mm Printing Nikkor, but it has less contrast and is more prone to flare around bright highlights. It has no detectable chromatic aberrations of any kind. It has a very long working distance.

I'm not sure what to charge, anyone interested should PM me with an offer. Best offer as of Oct 18 will get it. Edit: Added a condition: minimum offer must be $150 plus shipping.

I need to stress that it is not as good as a Printing Nikkor (but it is also far cheaper!!). Its strengths are its corner-to-corner high image quality and its practically complete absence of chromatic aberrations.

Here is the lens:

Mount is discussed here:

http://www.photomacrography.net/forum/v ... 102#220102

Here is a test image on a 6000 x 4000 pixel Nikon APS sensor at 1:1 (whole frame, reduced to fit forum rules; note that the wings were placed on a surface sprayed with wet black paint, and the white edge scales have sunken into this paint):

Here is a 100% enlargement of the area outlined in green on the first image:

Last edited by Lou Jost on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

I haven't gotten any offers so I will put it on eBay. Edit-See below.
Last edited by Lou Jost on Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

lonepal

Post by lonepal »

Hi;

But you said ''Best offer as of Oct 18 will get it.''
You should wait 5 days more :)
Regards.
Omer

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

I figured this change affects nobody at this point, since no one has made an offer yet....

Though I don't know what the price should really be, I don't want to sell this to someone for a few cents just because nobody else made an offer.

I will go back to my original plan, but add that I need a minimum offer of $150 plus shipping.

Lou

houstontx

Post by houstontx »

Will you include the adapter rings or just lens?

houstontx

Post by houstontx »

Or, if purchased, will you include expertise on how to adapt to a different camera?

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

The adapter rings giving 52mm threads are included. All you need is a reversing ring for your particular camera brand. And extension tubes.

Lou Jost

Post by Lou Jost »

A forum member has asked me to set a "Buy it now" price. I set $300 plus shipping.

This has been accepted by that member. So the lens is sold. Thanks everyone for your interest.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic