new setup advice for micro photography.

Have questions about the equipment used for macro- or micro- photography? Post those questions in this forum.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Is there any way to save image files directly to PC with out using SD card in camera? Looks like my SD card in camera getting too hot and it has only one card slot.
With Canon it's very easy: install Canon Utility (free Canon software) tether the camera via USB to the computer and it will run automatically. You just need to choose the hard disk directory and to set the camera to direct save at the computer.
You also can see live image view at the computer monitor and fire the camera and control the main parameters from the computer. I do it all the time when at the studio.
Pau

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

pentelaravi wrote:Can you please help with the below?

Attached is the unprocessed image(in terms of exposure adjustment, sharpness,...)
I don't see that any image was attached.
If i need to adjust in post processing, which phase is better? before stacking? before stitching? on final image?
Getting things close to right at every stage is the best idea. Shooting should be at base ISO, with enough exposure to just slightly avoid clipping on the right of the histogram. Color balance should be done with gray or white card, illuminated the same as the subject. If you're shooting raw, then you should tune the raw conversion parameters so as to make the converted images look very much the same as what you want to see in final output. If you plan to process with Zerene Stacker PMax (or Helicon Focus Method C), then it's a good idea to leave a little "headroom" at the right side of the histogram, because those methods tend to increase contrast. I always do some sharpening and noise reduction during raw conversion also, following the principle that whatever you can do to increase the "detail to noise ratio" will make life easier for the stacking software. Just be careful not to over-do either of those, because in that case there's no recovery except to repeat the entire process from raw conversion forward. Final processing after stacking should be minimal, just some tweaking of curves/levels and the finishing touches of sharpening & noise reduction.

--Rik

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic