www.photomacrography.net :: View topic - Attempt at stitching using a FF "telecentric" lens
www.photomacrography.net Forum Index
An online community dedicated to the practices of photomacrography, close-up and macro photography, and photomicrography.
Photomacrography Front Page Amateurmicrography Front Page
Old Forums/Galleries

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Attempt at stitching using a FF "telecentric" lens
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lou Jost

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see the results both ways.
austrokiwi1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed my mind on the SK 210.... it is just too big in focal length for my purpose. I will be getting rid of it. What decided me is I found the Minolta MD 135mm F2 is much more manageable( I do have the necessary connectors) with the same sized front element. The MD 135 is not flat field but at the magnification I would be using its probably not a major consideration and if it became an issue there is always stacking. SO its back to stage one( with a lot more experience) to see if I can construct a reasonable telecentric adapter.
Macro lenses: Printing nikkor 105mm, Sony FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G, Schneider Kreuznach Makro Iris 50mm , 2.8, Schnieder Kreuznach APO Componon HM 40mm F2.8 , Mamiya 645 120mm F4 Macro ( used with mirex tilt shift adapter), Olympus 135mm 4.5 bellows lens, Oly 80mm bellows lens, Olympus 60mm F2.8
Lou Jost

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But it might be a great tube lens for reversed lenses or for infinity objectives...
austrokiwi1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lou Jost wrote:
But it might be a great tube lens for reversed lenses or for infinity objectives...

I think it would be great as a tube lens.. and I had tried it some time for coupling... ( it worked well) however for some reason my SK 40/f2.8 on extension performs much better with extension than it did on the SK210.
Macro lenses: Printing nikkor 105mm, Sony FE 90mm F2.8 Macro G, Schneider Kreuznach Makro Iris 50mm , 2.8, Schnieder Kreuznach APO Componon HM 40mm F2.8 , Mamiya 645 120mm F4 Macro ( used with mirex tilt shift adapter), Olympus 135mm 4.5 bellows lens, Oly 80mm bellows lens, Olympus 60mm F2.8
Lou Jost

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that makes sense, since neither lens is optimized for infinity (the ideal situation when coupling lenses), and the SK 40mm is designed to work on extension.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.photomacrography.net Forum Index -> Macro and Micro Technique and Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: