Does Canon EOS 100D / SL1 / Kiss X7 has efsc or not?

Interested in used equipment to buy, sell, or trade? Post here to find other members with matching needs. Personal equipment only, no dealers please.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

lonepal

Does Canon EOS 100D / SL1 / Kiss X7 has efsc or not?

Post by lonepal »

Searching the web for a long time but I could not get any information.
I have a 100D / SL1 / Kiss X7 but I do not know it has EFSC or not.

Do anyone know if it has EFSC or not?
Help will be appreciated.
Regards.
Omer

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

Yes, it has. It's just switched on when you set the camera to live view (In this series of cameras it is the only possibility with live view).

You can download the manual at Canon website, be aware that Canon never uses the EFSC name

You can tether it to the computer with a USB cable after installing Canon DPP (free) and have both the live image and basic camera control at the computer, very convenient for studio macro and microscope.
Pau

lonepal

Post by lonepal »

Pau wrote:Yes, it has. It's just switched on when you set the camera to live view (In this series of cameras it is the only possibility with live view).

You can download the manual at Canon website, be aware that Canon never uses the EFSC name

You can tether it to the computer with a USB cable after installing Canon DPP (free) and have both the live image and basic camera control at the computer, very convenient for studio macro and microscope.
Thank you so much.
Exactly I found a list after creating this toppic.

http://www.alanwood.net/photography/oly ... gital.html

There is no silent mode on the menu so I wanted to be sure.
But at http://photomacrography.net/forum/viewt ... ce0d95cf58 pierre says 40D has lower vibration from 70D does it make sense to buy a 40D for using with a mitty 10X?

What is the most appropriate canon efsc camera for micro? I have a 100D for now.
Regards.
Omer

Pau
Site Admin

Post by Pau »

I can't say about all models, AFAIK the quieter is 50D and the worst one 60D (I've tested both), most EOS cameras induce some very slight vibration and noise at the exposure beginning.
It seems that XXD series are more prone to this issue than others although not at the point of 60D
I've found 7D and 6D adequate, although other members have posted issues with 6D at extreme microscope conditions. It seems that XXXD series do work very well, not enough info about XXXXD series.
Pau

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic