Peacock feathers (photos added)

Images made through a microscope. All subject types.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

Are these the wing display feathers, or breast feathers?
I found myself in a stuffy museum with boring paintings, and a stuffed peacock, which was far more interesting. The breast feathers have a strange rope-like structure.
I took out my phone to be told "No photographs". Protestations that it was just a dead bird stuffed with dead horse, didn't get me anywhere. :roll:
Chris R

Beatsy

Post by Beatsy »

ChrisR wrote:Are these the wing display feathers, or breast feathers
Oh please, please, please let the answer be display feathers! That's what I just ordered. Never occurred to me that they would be any other sort... :shock:

curt0909

Post by curt0909 »

Thanks everyone.

Rik, sorry for the trouble and thanks for the correction. I don't post often and had forgotten the protocol. I checked preview to see that the photos displayed and assumed I had it right. I've removed the img tags. I put spaces after and before the [/url] and [url=, but in preview it added more text to the image. I noticed that the flickr link is still on the side of the images, including the two images you had corrected.

ChrisR & Beatsy they are listed as 'tail feathers' on the ebay listing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122116234254?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

ChrisR
Site Admin

Post by ChrisR »

The breast feathers I was looking at were all (different shades of ) blues!.
Chris R

Beatsy

Post by Beatsy »

curt0909 wrote:ChrisR & Beatsy they are listed as 'tail feathers' on the ebay listing
Yayyyy!

WalterD

Post by WalterD »

Excellent set, thanks for sharing!

myriophyllum

Post by myriophyllum »

Hi,

wow, more great photos!

Cold is no big problem here, there are several birds the next 20 km around. My chickens would indeed be surprised...

Best wishes
Jens
curt0909 wrote:Thanks Jens, Lou and zzffnn.

Jens, I'd have some too if they tolerated the cold better. I'm not sure how well they'd get along with our chickens.

Here are some new photos. -...

rjlittlefield
Site Admin

Post by rjlittlefield »

curt0909 wrote:I put spaces after and before the [/url] and
Hhmm... Do you see added text on the first two images, the ones that I edited? I'm thinking that perhaps you ended up putting extra space inside the tag pairs instead of just between a closing
and the next opening [url= . That will definitely cause problems. The edit that I made, and that I intended to describe, was this:

Code: Select all

old:   .../3703/33222266500_f96d7bae9f_b.jpg[/img][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/SBJNoh]Peacock...
new:   .../3703/33222266500_f96d7bae9f_b.jpg[/img][/url] [url=https://flic.kr/p/SBJNoh]Peacock...
change:                                                / \
It is a small difference, but that one extra space allows the browser to do a line break if suggested by monitor resolution. Without the space, the word "Peacock" is guaranteed to appear immediately to the right of the image, not moved to the next line.

--Rik

pwnell

Post by pwnell »

These are good!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic