G'day from Australia

Lets get to know each other better. Here's a forum to post images and short autobiographies of ourselves as well as any other info you would like to post about yourself.

Moderators: rjlittlefield, ChrisR, Chris S., Pau

Aussie Phil

G'day from Australia

Post by Aussie Phil »

Hi all,

New Aussie member here. I'm from Hobart, the capital of the island state of Tasmania.

I'm a retired teacher with an earlier background in illustrative and technical photography. I worked for a few years as a professional photographer, but what was a great hobby from my early teens turned into a chore, with WAY too much darkroom time. So I went back to university, did a degree in education and taught secondary school science and computer science.

I haven't done any macro or micro work in decades, but have recently got back into photography of all sorts as a hobby in my retirement and am having a ball.

Oh, I used to be an amateur astronomer and built some largish telescopes, including making the main mirrors, diagonals and even some eye-pieces.

Anyway, looking forward to getting lots of tips on macro and micro work in the digital age. I haven't got much in the way of macro gear yet, so have a lot to catch up on and learn (and buy). My only microscope is an early twentieth century Ernst Leitz (#84087) which I picked up at a garage sale for $40 decades ago. But I can fit my Nikon D7200 to it and have some fun getting the most I can out of those old objectives, before I try out some new ones.

Cheers,
Phil

Harald

Post by Harald »

Welcome to the forum Phil.
Sure is a lot of great people here. I have learned a lot from these guys.
Looking forward to see your work.

Wish you Happy Holidays from Norway
Kind Regards
Harald

Lier Fotoklubb / NSFF
AFIAP / CPS
BGF / GMV
http://www.500px.com/blender11

Aussie Phil

Post by Aussie Phil »

Harald wrote:Welcome to the forum Phil.
Sure is a lot of great people here. I have learned a lot from these guys.
Looking forward to see your work.

Wish you Happy Holidays from Norway
Thanks Harald.

I'm doing as much reading on here as I can, regarding technique and equipment. The wealth of information from experienced members is marvellous. The sticky topics have been particularly helpful.

Hopefully I will have some images to share in the not too distant future.

So happy winter holidays to you, from a sunny summer's day here in Tasmania. :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic